Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I will be looking into purchasing an EVO 6 in the next couple of months. As I am a complete newbie to the EVO scene I'm not sure what to go for and how to go about getting one.
I know there are GSR, RS, RSII and Tommi Edition models but I'm not sure what the differences are between these different models.
Could I please ask you guys who are well in the know what the differences are between these models and also where would be the best place to get my hands on one of these class 'A' machines. I've been to a couple of Ralli-Art Dealers but I didn't get to much help and info out of them. I certainly don't want to get done like a kipper either.

I'm sure there are people on here with EVO 6's for sale. So please feel free to let me know if you are. (Spec, Asking Prices, Colour Etc!!!)

Any info / help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

--
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of selling my E6, (see cars for sale for spec etc) and going the caterham/westfiedl/DAX for pure trackdays, and hillclimbs.

To throw my two peneth in. I can't see any difference now between a 3 yr old Grey, and Ralliart car, as both warranties will be up, and therefore any percieved advantage of the Ralliart car is gone. (yes my 6 is grey, and I considered very carefully before buying from Mitsi or importer).

Personally, now I wished that I'd bought an RS, and stripped it out. This might have been an advantage for tracks, as I really don't like computers correcting when you are intentionally trying to put the car sideways. It just spoils your fun .

For everyday use, I'd buy a GSR with any mods you want alraedy done. Price will only be a bit higher, and the new parts would cost a fortune (I know, I paid a shed load for Blitz etc).

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input.

Derek, I will have a look at the URL links you provided. Many Thanks.

Adrian, I did see your For Sale add in the 'Cars For Sale' Area.
You are on my list of possibilities. What is your location?

--
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

After having a good read up of the website link given to me by Derek I now have a much better knowledge of the different type of EVO 6's out there.
Sounds like the GSR is the one for me but I will not rule out a TME.

Thanks again guys. You've been a great help.

I'll let you know how I get on...

--
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Adrian,

Have you any pics of your beast I could have a gandars at?
If you have and you'd rather e-mail them to me my address is c[email protected]

Also, do you know what it is currently pushing BHP wise?
Yours is a GSR isn't it?

Speak to you soon...

--
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take some pics tonight, and mail then you from work tomorrow (a lot faster than crappy 56k dial up.) Yes it is a GSR, I bought it with about 3500 mile on from the importer (who used it himself), since then it has had one careful lady owner (registered in girlfriends name to reduce insurance :) )

Car made 299BHP on rolling road, before the exhaust was done. The exhaust has made a lot of difference, so would guess at 315-320. Next step if I was keeping it would be ARP rod bolts and Apexi boost controller (should then be good for about 340BHP), about £1k fitted and set up by RC.

Adrian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts