Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I decide whether to book the car into the local Ralliart Dealer or have the car put on a trailer and driven to RC Developments, has anyone any idea what this could be, and whether its just best getting the car to a local dealer to sort the problem out quickly and before anymore damage is done.

What is it?

It sounds as though there is a marble stuck in the rocker cover, that is the best i can explain it, on idle there is no noise, as soon as revs are introduced the quite loud marble sound appears, on heavy load the sound seems to go, but at all other times its there, I also seem to have lost a lot of power, I thought it was a blown gasket when I first noticed it this morning, but with the bonet up and revving a little - its definetly a marble.

any ideas - whatever it is I know its going to be expensive!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
normally the sound of marble or ball bearing dropin on the floor is det :( i hope it is not though. take it to ralliart that what i would do. obviously if it is under warranty take all the mods off before you go ;)

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Sam, just booked it in for Tuesday (no driving for me till then I suppose!)

If it is a Detonation problem, what has happened?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.