Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I dont need to do deliverys for my business as I have a driver that do it for me. but lastnight some stupid little Bastrd but a big F**ing rock in the road and covered it with newspaper as my driver is delivering goods to my customers he think it was just a piece of newspaper and continue to drive over it. when he did the whole transmition has been rip open and italso rip his exhurst off!! Even through its just a micra, but the hazzle it got into was unbelieveable, so as today I have to do the deliverys myself and yes in my evo, cuz I havent found another car for general use yet. The whole delivery thing is going ok as I have fitted the apexi AVCR, SAFC into the car a month ago and I have just fitted new AP Clutch and breaks this weekend. so I was more than happy go around with my evo and driving around. But not until around 9:30pm I was waiting to get into a junction some f**ing teenage bastrds came and open the door and tell me to drive him around or his going to kick my F**ing head in. so the first thing I did was smack him in the nose, push him out of the car and drive away, After that I call the cops and get them to go after him, but he got away. (cant believe they cant even catch a kid!!)
But Belive me if I see that kid again on the streets of Loughborough, He will not live to see the sunrise! I will surely not just punch him in the nose.
Has any other owners has simular experienance before?? let me know!!.

Leon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Opening someone's door and getting into their car is not really an offence in the UK. Smacking someone is. Believe it or not (if you read the news you *should* believe it) that kid probably called the cops also and if they caught you you'd be charged with assault whilst the little brat's kids mutter about how awful you are and how he is just a kid, all boys get up to some mischief these days, he didn't mean no harm .

Makes me fume...grrr....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doors on ours are always locked, the hijacking bit of the alarm automatically locks you in once the ignition is turned on. Secret weapon under seat too just in case!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, while I was at Uni a friend of mine slapped a kid round the back of the head when he caught him doing damage to his property, he admitted this to the police so they arrested him and he got 200 hours of community service and a record :(

No f*cking justice in the world.

I hope you didn't tell the cops that you hit him, if the kid does press charges the cops will just go for you (cynical view is because it ups there conviction rate). I doubt that he will as he was up to no good anyway but you never know. I'd also not put it past the cops to charge both of you.

If you are asked by the police deny it and talk to your solicitor.

Its also a bullsh1t view that these are just kids who are a little out of control imho these kids are probably responsible for the majority of street crime (muggings, burglaries, theft, shoplifting etc) it just seems that the police are powerless or unwilling to do anything about it and its the general public who have to suffer with our hands tied behind our backs while the little [email protected] take our cash out of our pockets.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rant over

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You punched someone who opened your car door on the nose and that's it? What happened? If soemone opens my car door and threatens me I will get out of the car (with the keys obviously), go to his side, pull him out and beat the shít out of him! Nobody will charge me for that in MC. But they will ask the other guy lots of questions. If he doesnt answer, they look it up in the Yellow Pages, if you know what I mean :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aidy

Serpi-star Cat 1 GR480, was already on the car when we bought it, ok so far. Own choice would have been Toad but at the end of the day it is identical to whats already fitted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've also got this feature on my V its a clifford alarm. Clifford also have an additional anti hijacking feature where you need to enter a code before you start the ignition - if you dont enter the code it will still start but the engine will cut out after a set time has elapsed. This means that you are left standing in the road whilst the thief takes off in your car only to be left stranded further down the road. Can imagine thats its a real pain to enter the code everytime you want to start the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mother fker was probobly high as a kite,sypathise with you ,not nice having some one try to get in uninvited.
My doors are locked all the time as I have nearly been beaten up a couple of times with road ragers,they don't like it up them you know !.
Glad you had the decency to smack the fker.
some times I wish I was built like a brick sh!t house and as angry with it then I would certainly of taken on those ***** that have threatened me in the past .But being a talkative bugger ,the one in the night club with a knife needed pasifying quickly.How ever he did stab my mate through the arm outside a chip shop.
The country is full of cok suckers ,never been in a fight since leaving school and never want to.
Evo 4 ,i'm glad you had the balls to belt the kid ,but as mensioned the law often doesn't see that he invaded your space and property,If I was a copper I would look the other way on these circumstances .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark,

I've got one of those Clifford things, it's called a BlackJax 4 system and I've had it fitted to the Galant (as soon as I've got some more cash I'll have one fitted to the Evo too).

It can be a pain entering the code but only when you're not concentrating and someone opens the door, for starting it's not an issue really, and they keypad isn't like a normal numerical one just two small discreet buttons. The system is EXCELLENT and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone on here, the thing just cuts the car out so the thieving git who made off with ya car can only abandon it and do a runner!

Both my wife (in the Galant) and me (in the Evo) lock our doors, I think it's the safest thing to do these days. I may ask about getting the doors to lock automatically like Big Evo's as that sounds cool.

Go well peeps

DT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Davy T

If you have a Clifford alarm, I believe that you can turn on the auto door locking feature by going into set up mode. I have the details at home and can post if you are interested?

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a problem.

You used reasonable force. Most serious car jackers are carying a tool. You were not to know that and you used reasonable force to stop harm coming to yourself. You are in an even better position because you punched him. If you had got out and given him a pasting or used a tommy bar on him you would be in trouble.

For all you guys with a tool in the car. I would suggest never to use it unless in serious kak. If you have a tool and they don't you will go down for it. But then it might be better to take the risk of a sentence against getting killed. Deoderant in the face makes a good deterrent, and is not illegal to carry in your car, where as a twatting stick is.

If I feel threatened I make out I am resting my arm on the inner door sill and click down the button the central locking. I do not like the prospect of a fireman breaking door glass over my face if the door is locked and I am trapped. Even more worrying is if I were to put that armour film on the glass and the car caught fire when I was in it.

I suspect most of you know that already.

Cheers
Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately (in the case of door locking anyway) my alarm and immobiliser system is a Cobra rather than a Clifford. Had the BlackJax fitted as a kind of extra as no other company did anything as good as the BlackJax, I may try and see if the Cobra can be configured to lock the doors automatically, anybody know?

Thanks again Mark

DT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Evo4,

Good on ya pal!

I like the deodorant idea, especially with a lighter!

As Kenny Everett once said: We should round 'em up, put 'em in a field and bomb the b*stards , maybe Andy Fox could be useful here too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Must admit that I never lock my doors when in the car but it's a thought. Only thing is is that if you had a smash or whatever you might forget the doors are locked in the panic and makes things even worse for yourself trying to get out.

Prevention is always better then cure though. Probably the best way to avoid hi-jacking altogether is to drive an E7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also av clifford 600 once ur use 2 the alarm it fantastic auto door lockin above 20 mph anti hijack superb proximatey sensor all sorts of add ons including remote start etc etc and fully programmable they r the dogs what sits!!!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gud on u M8,
anyone comes within a few feet of my dads car and they get a good hiding from me! except for all you nice mlr people of course.
the cops aint good for ****! they get jelous coz u got a nice motor. i remeber when my dads cossie got broken into there were oily finger prints on the bonnet and they wouldnt get them checked then 1 cheeky ####er said have u eva thaught about selling ur car!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if cops come calling just say he pulled a knife on you

little sh1ts. I also think you handled situation well. Jolly good show to anyone who scores a point for the honest man, though I'm not recommending it! :)

My doors were always locked. autowatch cat 1 alarm also had the auto lock feature upon ignition

brown paper bag,
most cars including mine will unlock as soon as you pull theinternal door handle. Agreed that its not the easiest for someone to get you out after a smash though from the outside. The button on my keyfob would lock / unlock the doors once the ignition was on so can subtley lock em in less friendly areas and unlock on motorway or whatever if you really wanted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Spoken to the coppers today, they still couldnt find that kid. To be honest ok, all we evo lovers has spend loads of time and money to get our car to the standard we wanted, like mine I have spend a fortune on it and to be honest I will rather pay the couple hundred quid for smacking him or a few hundred hours of community work other than seeing my evo smahed up in the scrappy. I have had my evo for 6 months now, Ever since the day I got it, I have spend hours after hours on the internet, books and talking to owners trying to find out as much as I can about tuning evos as well as analyising the best way I can to tune my evo e.g bhp wise and torque wise. I am sure some of you are same as me spending so much time on evo, that the last thing in your mind is to let some little f**kers go and smash it up. also not to mention that Insurance goes up and excess (sky high). so which do you think is the best way. at the end of the day if that does happen again I will still be happy to smack him again, or see how good he really is if he really wants to take me on. (Not to mention I have been training martial arts ever since I can walk from my dad, TAGB tai kwan do, and Boxing so what are the chances of him win over me 0%)

I dont go out to cause trouble but from time to time there is people that is asking for it.

Leon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts