Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Independent garage is saying to me that the reason my new clutch and flywheel judder like mad is because its normal (Some good, some bad)??? Oh and they said the local Mitsu dealer said the same that if we take it out and replace it with another new one it will only get worse????????? ("Oh EVO 7's are prone to have juddering clutches all the time") WHAT! only when youve spanked them silly, not after 1 mile of driving??????? :eek:

Now can someone tell me if this is a nightmare or fact? I think Im gonna have to go get legal on someone! They had the car back there for over a week and didn't even touch it as they think the judder is normal! this thing shakes like a WRC car when moving off, god knows what other damage is being caused by this! :(

Now I called the so called local mitsu dealer today and asked them, they said they would never make such a statement and have never considered a juddering clutch a normal thing but something that needs immediate attention. Independent Garage are now refusing to come back to me even though I was going to drop the 400 miles they drove the car for in 1 week go!!!

Please advise as im very stressed :mad: and I don't want to hurt someone (Legally) ;)

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
If they have put a new standard clutch in then it should not judder like that.

Did they replace the flywheel and release bearing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep flywheel and release bearing were all changed, they are just trying to get out of the hassle of taking it apart as they must know they did something wrong. I don't think they had ever done a clutch on an evo before, what aholes!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
They had your car for a week and did 400 miles!?

Thats where your new clutch went ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
looks like 400 miles of launching ya car by them has killed the new clutch and flywheel just like spanking a brand new set of discs and pads would... :blah:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
From what you have said it seems that they are allegedly extremely taking the p!ss, the fact that they have just fitted a clutch and it doesnt work from day one means that they have not got a leg to stand on.

Get it back in the garage, demand it fixed and let them know that if its not up to scratch you will be taking them to court and in the meantime you want a courtesy car and put the mileage down on a piece of masking tape and leave it on the dashboard.

The longer you leave it the less chance that you have to get it sorted.

One final thing - if you bought the car on finance then engage the finance company immediately and tell them all the facts, it is their responsibility to deal with problems such as that as the car is their property until the finance is cleared. <- you must do this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts