Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems this area of the board isnt used enough.

IF and I repeat IF I get an EVO VI and within a couple of months find the suspension too hard. What options if any are out there to make the ride more compliant, without costing the earth.

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The standard suspension of the evo vi is not hard at all,It's a good suspension setting.
It will absorb every shock,off course it's not like driving a golf,but it'quiet confortable for this kind of car.

The only thing is that if you drive it hard,the suspension will worn out after about 10000miles,and I think that the only other suspensions are harder than standard because they are for gr.n use(proflex,ohlins,dynamic).

Maybe the leda could be ok if you don't want a stiff suspension.

I know that there is a proflex road kit and a kw road kit that are twin cylinder like originals,but adjustable height and compression.
They cost something between 800£ and 1200£ here in France.
They are supplied by BRC www.brc01.com phone 00.33.4.93.08.25.50.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cheap option is to fit progressive springs.
If I decided to throw more money at the car I would fit adjustable suspension, so I could tweek it. Bit expensive though for 'just' road use, I think track days justify it though. Stuff to look at would be DMS, Leda and Proflex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HowardB
Progressive springs meaning Eibach and just by changing the springs only and leave the shocks std.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DTM,
My springs are RSR and came fitted with the car. No idea if the shocks are standard or not. If Ive understood the theory correct, the springs do the work and the shocks just stop the sporings from oscillating, okay theres probably a little more to it! So going to preogressive springs and keeping the standard shocks should make the ride a little easier. I dont know enough though to make a recommendation regarding the shocks. I got the impression most people just fitted progressive springs or a complete new suspension system.

Jonathan, is that you Mr R? I thought after our discussions you were anti-evo. Have you seen the light?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surely if you fit stronger springs ,the shocks won't have to do much more work,apart from dampning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts