Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reversed my 320 into a bollard in an underground car park damaged my rear left quarter, light cluster and bumper. Who decides to paint these bollards black just so it blends in with the low lighting. Anyone know a good body shop near maidstone kent, i am absolutely gutted :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Rob1 said:
Just reversed my 320 into a bollard in an underground car park damaged my rear left quarter, light cluster and bumper. Who decides to paint these bollards black just so it blends in with the low lighting. Anyone know a good body shop near maidstone kent, i am absolutely gutted :cry: :cry:
thats bad bud, i did that once i reversed into my sisters saxo and crushed half of it, the evo only broke a rear cluster and the bumper got some paint aff, but her saxo was half crushed :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Havin a few beers laughing about it now but i know tommorow that when i go out to look at it i will be mildly upset, thanks for your concern, glad no one has said its just a car. Wife went stone cold white and was upset for me i think she knows me to well. Will post some pictures tommorow. I am a member but changed IP so can't get my password to log on as my user name was rob kidd car is still in the register. Or if i can't post pictures will someone do it for me, like i said fully paid up member but have no password due to change in ip and email.

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Bad news mate :mad:

I will PM you a number of Ransons they are in Upchurch and very good they will be doing my car as the bloke that runs the bodyshop is a MLR member

Hope this helps

Lee :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gazzor said:
I can host pics, e-mail em to me ;)

[email protected]
thanks mate i will get my computer literate wife to email tommorow. Does anyone know if i claim off insurance if it will affect my ncb, i have protected but if i claim will it affect my premiums :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lee5 said:
Bad news mate :mad:

I will PM you a number of Ransons they are in Upchurch and very good they will be doing my car as the bloke that runs the bodyshop is a MLR member

Hope this helps

Lee :D
thanks for your help,this place really does ease a bit of the stress

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Going to phone insurance in a mo see what the score is with claming and if my premiums will go up.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had the exactly the same kind of bumb n/s back light broke, rear quater panel creased rang the insurance they said I would loose 20% no claims and with £400 excess it wasnt worth claiming. local bodyshop (good chap) repaired it for about £700 then I put the rear light from my mitsi dealer for about £100 job done but it hurt!!!! :cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have no claims bonus protection, they are happy to have it go thru the dealer as it needs new bumper light and panel sorting. Lucky it wasn't the other side as i might have cracked the exhaust aswell.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I didnt have claims protection .. i have in the past but they still load you if you have a bump! I creased my bumper it looked liked I needed a replacement... but the Mr Fixit guy put in some kind of oven and it went back into shape.. spray job good as new.. maybe worth getting a couple of quotes then way up what you would loose over your insurance and how much no claims you would loose. and how many years to get it back to where it was... sometimes....... only sometimes it can work out cheaper to pay for it your self..... :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rob1 said:
Aww mate that is so gutting........I know I did somthing similar last year with my Brand New FQ330 at the NurBurg ring...... they've got 2' tall metal advertising boards attched to the kerb stones of every parking space, which are completley F%$KING invisable when reversing in to park, I was ******* furious at the time..........

But learning from this experiance, When I got the MR I had the radar sensor option fitted and it works a treat :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts