Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Think it,s about time i learn,t something about Evos :D as this was my intention when i joined M.L.R :D So were do we start?? :confused: Just seem to get side tracked! :D So can we start with the engine please? :D I know i have one.And Ayc.so thank you

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so after being a long time member

G11DOM said:
Why the picture of a Skyline engine Kay? :D ;)
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: sorry you caught me out. :blush: see what i mean!.Have not learnt a b thing about evos in over a year.Nice engine though dont you think??? :D ;)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The 4-stroke internal combustion engine has names for each of the 4 stages:

1) intake (suck): where the intake valve(s) are open, and the piston moves from top dead center to bottom dead centre, like a syringe being filled. Air and fuel are drawn into the cylinder.

2) compression (squeeze): the air and fuel mixture are compressed as the piston moves from bottom dead centre back to TDC (like emptying a syringe, except the air/fuel mixture has nowhere to go). All valves are closed for this stage.

3) combustion (bang): as the air/fuel mixture is squashed into the smallest possible area the spark plug is fired, causing the compressed mixture to ignite. The resulting mini-explosion forces the piston back down to the bottom. This is the only stage where power is actually produced in that particular cylinder.

4) exhaust (blow): the exhaust valves are opened and as the piston moves back to TDC the burnt air/fuel mixture is expelled through the manifold to the exhaust.

then open the intake valves and go back to 1) ;)

Andy was simply explaining the 4 strokes of a 4-stroke engine for you :D

Turbochargers increase the pressure of the intake air, meaning that more air can be forced into the cylinder during the intake stroke. More air means you can add more fuel and therefore get more power when it burns. I was simply pointing out that a turbo helps the intake stroke :cool:

The fact that it could also be taken as an innuendo is purely conincidental, I assure you... :D

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
cor,always wondered how they worked :D

Now can you explain the rotary engine to me aswell :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after being a long time member

:confused: And after all this time i thought you just turned the key and put fuel in the tank :D Thank you for that!.well impressed.xxx

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
spin spin spin spiiin spiiiiiiin BANG!

wont bother with one of them then,i prefer suck blow bang :crackup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
No, the bang is because of the lack of rebuild ;)

They are astounding motors for the displacement though. 240bhp from a 1.3l naturally aspirated engine is phenominal (the RX-8 Renesis engine).

I'd be tempted to get an RX-7 if I didn't have the Evo already :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts