Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres a question for you keen car cleaners.

Will snow foam help to get rid of tar and stuck on debree that a normal wash cant shift?

Ive only ever used triple wax and im not wanting to scrub the car and dull it, ie swirls etc.

Looking at getting it valeted but not sure if they would get rid of the rough texture.

Any ideas, just that when she was washed before i felt the lower part of the doors were sand paper like. :hammer:

This thread even making sense now?

·
Banned
8,855 Posts
snow foam wont get rid of bonded crap

you really need to treat the flanks with a tar remover like tardis then clay bar her

paul

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hard labour basically

What does a clay bar do and do i need to wax after?

Im wanting to wax to protect the paintwork and make her shiney shiney :samsmilie

·
Registered
410 Posts
Clar bars are wicked...you dont even realise how much dirt is on your car until you clay it. I personally do the following steps if im properly cleaning my car and it comes up sooo smooth n shiney after:

1. Snow Foam car all over.
2. While the snow foam is on wash wheels and tyres etc..
3. Blast snow foam off with jet wash.
4. Two bucket method (so the crap your cleaning off your car doesnt then get rubbed back into the paint work) + Wash
5. Clay the Car with loads of Lube (E.g Quick Detailer)
6. Re-clean the car after it has been fully clayed.
7. Polish car.
8. Seal in with a good Wax i.e DoDo wax or HD wax.

Finished :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Clay bar gets all the dirt/grit/general crap out of the paint work. So worth doing...can also get rid of water/sap marks etc but if your planning on doing the whole car might take a while :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow

Clar bars are wicked...you dont even realise how much dirt is on your car until you clay it. I personally do the following steps if im properly cleaning my car and it comes up sooo smooth n shiney after:

4. Two bucket method (so the crap your cleaning off your car doesnt then get rubbed back into the paint work) + Wash
7. Polish car.

and i thought i spent time cleaning :lol:

Well where do you get clay bar and lube :)spank:) from?

And how about hot wax you wash off? any good?

All we've got is halfords or autosave.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts

7. Polish car.

missed one
0,clean wheels first

has for clay bar go on the internet just make sure you keep it wet

·
Registered
410 Posts
Buy it online.. I personally use Either Meguiars clay bar and quick detailer (which they sell in halfords) Or DoDo juice's purposeful purple paint putty and Red mist spray.

Never used hot wax that you wash off....when i wax my car i used DoDo wax only and apply it with my fingers :)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I always wash the wheels while the snow foam is on...its step number two :)

And I have actually gots pics of the process if you really wanna see it !! haha
ive just started a valeting company start on wheels first let them soak in ali cleaner then was the car thats what i think:smthumbup

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
halfords

ok so i can get detailer and clay bar fae halfords, i use the detailer as lube? then wash off when its smooth and wax?

Never waxed before but i realyy want to do it as the cars i see on here are mentally shiney!!

Just wax in wax off ? :ninja:

Any pics off before and after guys or even during?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
ok so i can get detailer and clay bar fae halfords, i use the detailer as lube? then wash off when its smooth and wax?

Never waxed before but i realyy want to do it as the cars i see on here are mentally shiney!!

check some of the detailers on ere there loads of stage by stage search bud:smthumbup

·
Registered
410 Posts

Yeh and make sure you have LOADS of lube because you don't wanna damage your paint work...

Yeh just wax the whole car and then take it off with a microfibre or something...

I'm off out now but can upload some pics later :smthumbup

·
Banned
8,855 Posts

nearly there bud

wash and dry the car in a considerate manner

then treat any tar spots - do this now or you'll just make a mess of ya clay

clay the car with lube ( megs kit avail in halfords)

dry the panels after claying

polish the car to perform a paint cleanse this will prep the surface for wax

then wax

simples

1 - 20 of 21 Posts