Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hope you can shed some light on a problem that has started today. When turning right and turning steering back to the left there is what i can only describe as a snatching/grabbing on the N/S of the car. I have heard of top mounts cluncking but i have only had mine replaced 2 weeks ago. Any thoughts??

Thanks

Andy

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Andy,

I may be totally wrong on this, but as you'll see from my "Accident Damage ?" thread, some muppet hit my car, other muppets believed that they could fix the problem by doing a wheel align.

Anyway, getting to the point, my car now seems to do what you have described.

I don't know exactly what the cause is but I suspect it may be a bent track rod / rack , damage to the rack itself or just bad geometry.

I would recommend getting the car properly aligned by someone competent. If you've changed the topmounts, this will almost certainly have altered the geometry.

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the car checked out. Looks like its the front struts. Ordered 2 new ones. Will let you know the outcome when i have had them fitted.

Thanks for your reply

Andy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had the struts fitted today. Car now sorted. No more snatching/ grabbing or knocking at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts