Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting alot of grey/white smoke when letting off the throttle under heavy acceleration. The shaft in the turbo has no play in it and I cant imagine having done my piston rings after 4500 miles.

Car Has;

Blitz F.Pipe, De-Cat, Blitz Cat back, Sports ECU, SBC ID, Blitz Ind Kit, Forge VTA DV, Running 1.4 Bar.

Anybody had a similar problem? Could it be caused by lack of back pressure in the exhaust?

Any advice would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jon,

I can recall someone saying that to you when they were following you on the Bolney convoy!
Has the smoke become worse since then?
I can recall you saying that I had a similar black and greyish smoke coming from my E4!
I hope it's not a big problem as with my car, and that it is only the bedding in process of the
piston rings!!
Tell me if you hear anything.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coolant and oil levels are not dropping.

Tony,

I thought it was because the tits that had serviced my car had overfilled the oil. I had I serviced on Monday and had the big ends changed. If anything it has got worse.

I think your black/dark grey smoke is down to fueling. Didn't you say it hadn't been mapped properly yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jon,

Yeh car still running on std ECU I think, although the E4 std Ecu is coping well considering it's able to run 1.3bar without fuel cut,
can run 1.4 sometimes without f-cut but dependant on weather.I am however using a lot of oil, but can't see any indications of where
it's going? Dragon are currently looking into it. Worst cenario i've been told is when they did the conversion and re-built the engine they might
of clipped the piston rings whilst putting the forged pistons in!! so not sure where I am yet,although car seems to be running fine bar ECU.

You should have your work place do a compression test on your engine, then you'll know for sure it's not the pistons or piston ring's,
that what I'm going to have done next.
keep in touch

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts