Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iI have just fitted a hks racing suction kit and hks downpipe,decat and super drager! my mates have noticed underload and on over run the car smokes does this sound like a fueling prob? car has only covered 18k and serviced religiosly! any ideas would be most apreciated!

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
The cars run quite rich as standard to give a large safety margin for the engine. This results in unburnt fuel coming out of the back of the exhaust and this can appear to be "smokey". Adding a de-cat will make this more noticeable.

It is most likely unburnt fuel etc, but keep an eye on the oil level just in case there is something more sinister at work.

The back of my VIII gets covered in black yet it burns little or no oil - pedestrians have commented that they can smell petrol as I've driven past them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! new car just a little worried! would you advise a boost contoller and a rolling road session to set the car up since its had the de-cat??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is that cureable? would that cause the smoke?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.