Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at these new smart thermostats, the Nest version in particular as it claims to learn your habits, thus saving you money on energy bills, but is it just hype and the gimmick that you can use an app to control the heating from your phone ie, switch it on before you get home?

For circa £200 you can get a decent unit, but has anyone any experience of these, and have they been successful?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/smart-thermostats-uk

Thanks,
Foz.

·
Been here a while now....
1,245 Posts
Various opinions on these smart controlers. What system do you currently have? I would be thinking of installing a weather compensating stat instead. Personally think they work better and give you a good saving on your energy.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They all claim to save money, so could pay for themselves fairly quickly. I just have a bog standard condenser boiler.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I've a Netatmo and have had it for the past 18 months or so. The main advantage for me is how easy it is to set and change the programs compared to a traditional controller. Very easy to fit and the thermostat itself can be placed literally anywhere (within wifi range of course).

·
NR555
7,418 Posts
I agree with the gimmick. It's more down to your life routine. I know my work / life routine is nothing like the Hive advert with that annoying tool with the guitar.

Insulation is the answer to cheaper heating.

Reactions: Foz_31
1 - 8 of 8 Posts