Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior French User
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Due to turbo change on my IX, I need to change radiator and fan. HKS GTII is replaced by Borg Warner EFR 7163 T4.
I want to keep AC, and my carbon airbox (that have an intake device like the stock air box).

So I need to replace my Evo IX radiator by an Evo VI one (I still have a stock E6 one) and I also need a slim fan.

I leave in south of France (very hot on summer).

Witch slim fan would you advice me to choose? Why?

I read that OEM fan has a variable speed module. Does it still works with an aftermarket one?

Do you have some setting advices (Motec M800)?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Hi all,

Due to turbo change on my IX, I need to change radiator and fan. HKS GTII is replaced by Borg Warner EFR 7163 T4.
I want to keep AC, and my carbon airbox (that have an intake device like the stock air box).

So I need to replace my Evo IX radiator by an Evo VI one (I still have a stock E6 one) and I also need a slim fan.

I leave in south of France (very hot on summer).

Witch slim fan would you advice me to choose? Why?

I read that OEM fan has a variable speed module. Does it still works with an aftermarket one?

Do you have some setting advices (Motec M800)?

Thanks a lot!
Nice is nice, weather wise it does have really hot summers and humidity is pretty high, same as over here, so you need at least a 12" fan, go bigger if you can, and find one that pushes 1700-1800cfm and above. Mishimoto fans are not very strong, cfm wise. You can lower the fan kick in temp setting in the motec, so it starts at a lower coolant temp. Or you might need it to be on all the time, during the summer, depends how hot the summer is, and what kind of driving you will be doing. In traffic, for instance, with no to little movement, behind exhaust fumes , temps go up much faster.

Marios

Reactions: Lolo la Torche
1 - 6 of 6 Posts