Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive begain to notice that when my evo1 is warmed up and im waiting in trafic that the idle is not very smooth. the rev needle does seem to stay pretty steady but if my foot is resting on one ot the pedals i can feel a lumpy rough idle.

Its just had a service, do you think my coil pack needs replacing? if so how much do they cost.

·
Registered
174 Posts
idle

My evo 5 did this mate..!! not wanting to worry you and im sure it is not the same thing as mine was but it turns out ive got a knackered exhaust valve..

The car seemed to drive fine on boost and held boost ok but on idle it was lumpy... often had problems starting when it was already warm etc

After you have ruled out leaks from vac lines or leaking from the intake, spark plugs etc id possibly consider a compression test..

Did you have the cambelt done at the service as i think if you have got the cambelt a tooth out it can also cause idle problems, dont know if this is the case on the evo but ive had this problem on my old impreza.

Dan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the plugs were changed in the service (two weeks ago) so they should be ok, good idea though I think il get my leads tested, they look quite new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts