Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am after a bit of advice i have recently just bought a evo 7 and as my dad is a mechanic and runs his own garage, i got him to change the cambelt for me (thinking to save some cash), he doesnt work on evos that much! the problem now is i have a slight knocking/ticking noise which sounds like its coming from around the cambelt area. I mainly does this when underload and when you rev it, Can anyone shed any light on what this maybe?????

thanks in advance nick :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Does the engine vibrate a lot from 2500 rpm upwards? Also did you get hime to change the balance belt at the same time?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only thing that wasnt changed was one the tensioners, the balance belt was done. as soon as it reaches 2500 it then starts to make the noise, the engine does move slightly at 2500 but not a great deal.

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
I would check you have the oil pump balance shaft timed up correctly, it's geared 2:1 so is easy to get wrong. It normally shows as vibration above 2500 rpm, not a ticking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would check you have the oil pump balance shaft timed up correctly, it's geared 2:1 so is easy to get wrong. It normally shows as vibration above 2500 rpm, not a ticking.
ok mate sounds like the problem how do i go about fixing it?? :wallbang:

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
The front balance shaft is geared 2:1 so is possible to get it 360 deg out.
When positioned at 12 o'clock the pulley should fall anti-clockwise, if it fall clockwise rotate the pulley through 360 degs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When positioned at 12 o'clock the pulley should fall anti-clockwise, if it fall clockwise rotate the pulley through 360 degs.
cheers mate will do :D see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
really appricate it will try it and get back to you cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts