Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I had to go drop my cousin back of at His Uni halls, in Liverpool.. When dropping of him, his girlfreind and a few others, who drives by? The police.. I thought nothing of it, and started heading back home.(his Halls are in a dodgy part a L-pool) But as soon as I got to the bottom of the road I was pulled over.. Question after question, they started to confuse me, with there quick question/reply tactics.. After they called in to check my car, me and a load of other things, they started asking me how fast my car was etc.. 20 mins later, I could go, hmmmm.. Ok so they thought I was Taxiing, in an evo?LOL! They then said I might have been a rapeist, as there is one going around the Smithdown road area atm.. Anywas, I finnaly got Into the centre of LIverpool City, all the ####heads walking home , what happens? I get pulled over again, but more or less at Gunpoint by the Police, I was like What the F5cK .. I got out my car, and told em I had just been pulled over by there mates 5 mins before hand, ffs, long story anyway..

My question is, this morning I was sleepy coz I got in late last night, I hit a Kirb in my E6 at about 30mph, front left suspension, will it be ok you rek? The tire seems fine. Thanks for reading! :)

When I owned a fiesta si about 5 years ago, in the time I owned it I got pulled over 49 times!! :) (not funny really)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Djack,
My other half hit a kerb at 30mph after a spin and did a lot (£2k) of damage to the suspension. (but that's not what you want to hear)
How bad a hit was it? Did you just brush against it or did it slam against it sideways. If it was a brush, it will probably be OK but at the end of the day it's probably best to get it checked out anyway.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going around a bend, and sorta just poped over the kirb with my front wheel.. I have had that damper changed twice allready, fom hitting pot holes in roads at speed!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't sound too bad in the way that you describe it but probably best to get it checked just in case.

Sounds like the old Plod in Liverpool are having fun then? I'll remember that tonight because I'll be over there dropping off my other half at a party. I'll take all my docs with me (insurance, birth certificate, passport, V5 document etc etc) and if I get stopped I can say I was prepared because of being 'tipped off' by another Evo owner who got stopped twice yesterday http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > That should keep them busy stopping you for a while!!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The old bill do make a fuss ,but then who know if the cars not nicked.I went close to the Everton ground last year and couldn't believe I had to pay for petrol before I filled up,got out pretty swift as the car got eyed alot.
touch wood only got stopped 3 times in 3 years with the Evo 1 time got nicked at 93mph 2 other times got warned for driving too fast but no recorded speed .Its great when the question of how fast crops up normally I just quote 0-100 or 1/4 mile figures to any one now.
I have a good relationship with the local politzi ,seing they get discount when they buy tiles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts