Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found it funny i dont know if any of u guys heard that last yr when emirates decided to fund arsenals new stadium and also sponsor them and said they would end the contract with chelsea coz arsenal is a bigger team

i luv arsenal always will and chelsea too but i found it funny coz emirates would be kicking themselves for that comment :D chelsea double cup winners and an awesome team :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
I think , as a commerical investment, they see Arsenal having greater global brand awareness than Chelsea. It's got nothing to do with how well they do on the pitch, it's a business after all.

You've only got to look at Celtic/Rangers. In pure football terms they are 3rd division teams but for brand awareness they are up there with the best of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcremonini said:
I think , as a commerical investment, they see Arsenal having greater global brand awareness than Chelsea. It's got nothing to do with how well they do on the pitch, it's a business after all.

You've only got to look at Celtic/Rangers. In pure football terms they are 3rd division teams but for brand awareness they are up there with the best of them.
true specially celtic thats worldwide the biggest support inthe world after man u ,rangers dont even come close :D

but chelsea will be bigger soon abramovich is well known :) and mourinho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
moses said:
true specially celtic thats worldwide the biggest support inthe world after man u ,rangers dont even come close :D

but chelsea will be bigger soon abramovich is well known :) and mourinho
I totally agree Moses - in 3 years time Chelsea will be on a par with Real Madrid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jcremonini said:
I totally agree Moses - in 3 years time Chelsea will be on a par with Real Madrid.
amen to that bud :) lampard the hero :D im so happy the best from the lot are all british lampard, joe cole and all and john terry

instead of the usual foreigners who dominate the games and get first priority , thats what i always liked about man u, when alex let the english kids play
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,451 Posts
moses said:
true specially celtic thats worldwide the biggest support inthe world after man u ,rangers dont even come close :D

but chelsea will be bigger soon abramovich is well known :) and mourinho
Still talking shite,when will you learn :confused: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
Rangers are big in Holland arent they , thats where that billy orange gadgie was from....They have a few fans here as well coz of Trevor Steven.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dmac1969 said:
Rangers are big in Holland arent they , thats where that billy orange gadgie was from....They have a few fans here as well coz of Trevor Steven.
lol they sure do but celtic is famous all over :D from the middle east , asia america and south america basically all over :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
OK....Chelsea will only appeal to money grabbing players now, they lack the long-lasting appeal that traditionally bigger teams have.

Teams like Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal can attract players based upon pure reputation. Look at Stevie Gerrard, Chelsea will not get him because the lure of playing for your schoolboy hero club is more than the lure of money.

When Ryan Giggs was being chased by Inter Milan in 95 he made a statement to the effect of, the difference between earning £25 000 a week and £45 000 a week is nothing really. I'm never going to spend £25 000 in a week. The only difference is i get to play for the club i love!!

In order to be a huge club Chelsea will need a good 10 year run of success.

Nottingham Forest won the Champions Cup two years running in the early eighties but it wasn't enough.

All the youngsters who are getting into football now willl love and suppoer Chelsea....but where will Chelsea be in 10 years time when those youngsters are ready to play professional football!!!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top