Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I replaced all of the bushings on my VII for Superpro poly bushings.

Replaced front and rears shocks with brand new Bilsteins (B6's), brand new Ralliart topmounts and, brand new OEM bumpstops. Springs are older Tein. Brand new Michelin PS4's all round on Works Kei's.

Measured the height to the arches through the center line of the wheel on a flat level drive the fronts are 1cm difference between NS (67cm) & OS (66cm) and rear is half a cm difference between NS (65.5cm) and OS (65cm).

Is this enough to cause instability in the car?

I'm fairly píssed off as, I have replaced all bushings (front and rear), all rods, rod ends, all ball joints, Whiteline rear ARB (and bushings), Superpro droplinks (front and rear), arms that were fatigued and the car feels a little 'wobbly'.

Could the difference in height cause some 'wobbling' or any other issues?

Thanks.
Jim

·
Premium Member
10,760 Posts
Recently I replaced all of the bushings on my VII for Superpro poly bushings.

Replaced front and rears shocks with brand new Bilsteins (B6's), brand new Ralliart topmounts and, brand new OEM bumpstops. Springs are older Tein. Brand new Michelin PS4's all round on Works Kei's.

Measured the height to the arches through the center line of the wheel on a flat level drive the fronts are 1cm difference between NS (67cm) & OS (66cm) and rear is half a cm difference between NS (65.5cm) and OS (65cm).

Is this enough to cause instability in the car?

I'm fairly píssed off as, I have replaced all bushings (front and rear), all rods, rod ends, all ball joints, Whiteline rear ARB (and bushings), Superpro droplinks (front and rear), arms that were fatigued and the car feels a little 'wobbly'.

Could the difference in height cause some 'wobbling' or any other issues?

Thanks.
Jim
You've not mentioned alignment Jim. Has that been done?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've not mentioned alignment Jim. Has that been done?

Cheers
Thanks for the reply Gordon.

Yes, the alignment was done after the car was reassembled.

Will check the tyre pressures this evening - probably was the 1st thing I should have done :unsure:

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, tyre pressure ok all round.

Gonna swap out the springs for new Tein S-Tech and see if that makes a difference as the Teins on the car are old and had sat in my shed for about 8 years before I fit them to them a couple years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts