Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
Evo VI GSR
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was contemplating this recently during a focused session of automotive daydreaming

Difficult for me to nail just one favourite characteristic of an Evo. How can you choose between the way it turns in, or rips out of corners, the humorous lag-to-boost phase, its Grp A WRC provenance?

What really floats your boat?

When I think back about all my moments of discovery the one that really stands out is

Acceleration on dirt. :eek:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like the fact even out of the box they are a great drivers car without any mods done. When I first drove my Mak I realised how all the controls were so well weighted and honest in feedback. They are a absolute joy to drive, I'm so thankful that I'm in a position to have one as a weekend toy, it's all I need...

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
The way it makes me feel all gooey inside when I look at it, don't tell the wife ;)

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
The bangs, oh the bangs!

·
Registered
711 Posts
The way it sounds, as you are hitting boost, you don't need a stereo.
I used to very much becinto car audio more sound quality in recent years and my last car i spent alot on expensive gear in evo havnt even put a headunit in yet lol i love the sound of my hks exhaust and the boost sound

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,953 Posts
The handling, the way that I can feel exactly what the car is doing under me and feeding back through the wheel (even with PAS) :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Overtaking a radical on a track day and the owner coming up to me after to say the 3ft flames I'm shooting out of the exhaust were right next to his head.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Overtaking a radical on a track day and the owner coming up to me after to say the 3ft flames I'm shooting out of the exhaust were right next to his head.
:flame:

You made my day

For me:

the rarenes. Ther are more F40's here then Wagon's in Switzerland :coolsm:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
i like the fact as a rally car i can kick its head in all day ,if i dont hit anything ,it simply takes everything i can throw at it and it doesnt complain ,infact quite often i can hear it mutter," is that it ya pussy "
Hmmm I'm quite the opposite, I'm always wondering what's gonna be the next thing to break and how much it's going to cost :lol:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts