Lancer Register Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I apologise in advance for the mini essay but this is my dealing with simonsevo regarding a subframe assembly I purchased on the Wednesday the 1st of February. The subframe was advertised as coming with the steering rack and anti roll bar. I asked if everything was servicable and just needed a good clean, he replied it was.
I then paid £250 + £20 postage and packaging so £270 all in by bank transfer. Simon then said he was throwing in the near side arm as he claimed he did not have any tools present at the time to remove it.

Fair play to Simon the subframe was collected the next day by the courier and arrived with me at work on the Friday morning. It wasn't packaged particularly well, wrapped up in remains of a cardboard box that looked like a kids bike had come in, but hey, it was here and hadn't taken very long at all so I left Simon some feedback...

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?p=5744871#post5744871

It wasn't until about 11am after doing some overtime on Saturday the 4th that I got a chance to open up the package and see what was what. I loaded the subframe onto a trolley and went to power wash it, so it was clean to dismantle so I had half a chance of fitting the bits in the boot of my GT.

After a blast with the power washer and blow dry with the air line it was time to take it to bits.
I grabbed a 19mm socket and my buzz gun set to anti clock wise which is when I discovered this...

Yup, that is the bolt just spinning and not actually retracting like it should and before somebody asks, no I did not originally have the gun set the wrong way around, I know how to use my tools thank you. At this point I also noticed the bush the bolt was going through was purple in colour, so this is telling me the arm has been off before, and upon refitting is when the captive thread within the subframe was probably damaged.

I immediately PM'd Simon and you can then read our to and throw conversation within the quotes below.

TimC said:
TimC said:
Simon,

I've just cleaned the subframe and tried to remove the wishbone so I can get everything in the boot of my car to find that the bolt is cross threaded and just spinning inside the captive thread in the subframe. This to me is scrap and I'm bitterly disappointed.
Is there anyway way we can solve this amicably? The rack etc is still useful but I will require another subframe.

Regards
Hi Simon.

Did you get my last PM regarding the issue with the subframe?

Thanks

Tim

simonsevo said:
Hi just got your message, I wasn't aware of this issue with the subframe, you sure when trying to get bolt of you haven't created issue, can you not just cut bolt of then drill bolt out and make new threads.

Cheers

TimC said:
Im 100% sure I didn't create an issue, the wishbone looks to have polly bushes in it so I imagine whoever fitted them caused the issue.

Regardless, the subframe to me now is not fit for purpose. Drilling and recutting the thread will not be possible as if the inserted thread is just spinning inside I can't cut in to it, and by increasing the diameter of the bolt I won't be to fit it through the bushes in the wishbone either. The only real option is to start cutting holes in the subframe to get to the back of the insert but I'm not prepared to do that.

I paid your advertised price and for that I expected a subframe in serviceable condition. This currently is not. As said I'm happy with the rack etc but would like money back as I'm going to replace this subframe.

I'm sorry but it looks like neither of us are going to come out winning with this one.

Cheers

simonsevo said:
I'm not happy about this at all as iv sold you a part that to my knowledge was fine when I sent it plus I gave you the arm for free, I don't want something back that's been damaged then because you damaged it what your money back, why should I take that hit.
The steering racks second hand go for £200 on eBay and arms are going for £70 so the subframe was free in theory.

TimC said:
Simon I have to say I am really disappointed with your attitude as you are claiming I have damaged it? I power washed the complete assembly so it was clean to dismantle to fit in the back of my GT and the first bolt I came to spun and did not extract. There is NOTHING I can do to cause that damage.

I didn't say I wanted the wishbone, you threw it in as you claimed you didn't have the tools at hand to remove it yourself. I bet the real reason it was sent with the subframe was because you could not remove it is for the same reason I can't remove it.

Simon, being blunt I would like either discount for the subframe or I shall send the full assembly back to you and I want my money back. I left you good feedback in the for sale section and I am now in two minds to change it!

simonsevo said:
I will see if I can sort another subframe but will need this subframe and arm back before I send the new one.

TimC said:
That's fine thank you. Ill get it wrapped up and returned. Do you have a delivery address please?

As I said previously its a shame as neither of us win from this.

Regards.
As you can see for yourself Simon was trying to worm himself out of giving me some sort of refund, despite in my mind at least, he knowingly sent me a damaged subframe because he could not remove £70 worth of arm himself, so basically threw it in for free probably hoping I wouldn't notice.

Anyway I then waited a few days before a suitable box came in to work so I could send the stripped subframe bar the wishbone back. The box was 1 metre square and about 35 centimetre deep so the subframe and arm fit in complete. I taped the box up and it was picked up on the morning of Friday the 10th due to a failed collection on the Thursday. The package was delivered and signed for at 11.04 on the Saturday morning.

On Monday I then sent Simon another PM asking if he received everything ok. He replied....

simonsevo said:
Hi iv just opened today as iv been working, can I have your email to send pictures as it's come damaged on one bracket and one of exhaust hanger is bent double, did you have it insured as it's not to me unusable
I sent him my email address and the pictures below are what I have received.

TimC said:
Simon, just seen the pictures and both the small bracket which holds supports a cross brace (which is removed on my own car due to the 3inch exhaust) and the exhaust hanger can be hammered straight very easily. If that had arrived to me like that I would of just bent them back no problem. That is minor damage compared to what has to be done to get the arm off, and wouldn't of even happened had you sent me a subframe that was serviceable in the first place.

Seriously, this is getting boring now, you are just trying to worm out of either giving me a refund for the subframe so I can buy another, or sourcing me another like you stated.

All I wanted was a subframe that worked, please source me one like you stated!

simonsevo said:
I sent you a serviceable subframe but you have tried to take bolt out and the weld has come off that holds the nut inside the subframe, I was more then reasonable in accepting the subframe back and then it turns up not as I sent it with damage due to poor packaging from yourself. I'm not taking the hit when you have sent me back the subframe like this, if you want this subframe pay for the postage and il send it you.
Now I admit there is every chance this minor damage could of happened in transit, but to be deemed as unusable is just plain taking the ****! That is nothing compared to having to cut open a section of the subframe, weld the free spinning captive thread back to the subframe, then welding the piece of metal you have just cut out to gain access back in again! If I had received the subframe with just a bent bracket and exhaust hanger I would of simply straightened them and cracked on. To keep on being told that I have broken the subframe myself is becoming more and more insulting when I know 100% I have not caused the issue, and still believe that who ever refitted the arm when polly bushing is the guilty culprit for this.

Simon Griffith now has the damaged subframe which he is saying I can have sent back to me at my cost once again. He knows full well it is damaged and has not even offered a small token or gesture to even remotely help the situation. I'm basically stuck between a rock and hard place now and it looks like im going to be the big loser in this whole situation.

I think the good HONEST people of the MLR deserve to know what kind of person Simon really is. Im going to lose out on this situation anyway so if this post saves another honest person from being burned by this cheat of person then it is money well spent. I know for a fact somebody else has had issues with buying something off Simon and struggled to get his money back so I know I'm not the first, but hopefully will be the last person to be messed around by making a purchase from this crook.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy I paid by bank transfer, If I had paid via paypal or credit card I would already have a dispute going.

·
Premium Member
MLR Regional Organiser South London (ish)
3,531 Posts
claim through Paypal or your credit card -

This is the reason why I dont do 2nd hand parts - most of us have had that t shirt :(
Stallion Tim paid bank transfer :blah:

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
If item was sold under false description then you should get a refund.

If you packaged and returned it and it's damaged in transit then you should help Simon claim

Can't see the issue :blush:

Its like watching soaps but in read format :mhihi:

·
Registered
736 Posts
So just by chance you have a camera to video the very moment you tried for the first time to undo the bolt something tells me that's rubbish, what will have happened is your have tried to unbolt the bolt with a air gun and the welded nut inside the subframe came away with the force you was using, you then realised it was now damaged so you grabbed your phone and took a video to make out the subframe was damaged before it got to you.
I offered to sort this out but then got the subframe damaged due to your very very poor packaging.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No Simon, I taken the video because the bolt was not coming out. According to my phone I taken that video at 11.33am on 4th Feb, exactly 1 minute before I sent you a PM informing you there was an issue.

I'm going to repeat this bit just so it makes sense. The ONE AND ONLY arm still attatched to the subframe has obviously been removed in the past as it has pollybushes fitted, you can actually just make them out in the video.

If the arms where completely standard and had zero signs of ever being removed in the past and this issue had come up I would of annoyingly taken it on the chin as bad luck.

You keep claiming I broke it, I am claiming you knew it was broke already hence why the arm was not removed in the first place and was then offered to me for free before being sent out.

I guess its up to the good members of MLR to decide who is lying, you or me.

And Simon don't even start by commenting on the packaging, I wish I had taken a picture of how the assembly had arrived to me!

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
As an outsider, the fact the subframe was sent with the arm still attached makes it obvious the nut inside the subframe (common problem) had already come off. Those arms are expensive to replace, not exactly a bracket you wouldn't mind leaving.

Proving it is another thing and it's one word against another

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Its too convenient for me that he just gave a you a £70 wishbone because he hadn't got the tools to remove it and then when you go to remove it you can't as the captive nut is spinning. It was like that before he posted it to you, and when you sent it back he damaged it to try get a claim covering his ass so he isn't out of pocket refunding you.

Thats just how I've read it, may be wrong but it seems clear to me what the story is.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Andrew so what about the other parts attached to the subframe he had shall I give them to him for free?

I was going to sort the issue until I got the subframe back damaged due to very poor packaging even tho the subframe was damaged by Tim, I shall put the packaging on so you can all see how poor it was.

I have never had a problem on here before when selling anything and I'm a honest person and the people who buy from me will know that as will people who know me within the evo and motorsport community.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simon, everybody can read our previous conversation, its only once you knew you had been found out and I threatened to change my original feedback did you agree to help.

Tell you what, £280 inc postage for a steering rack with knackered track rod ends and standard anti-roll bar, I've got one hell of bargain from you ain't I?

And I speak to somebody on here on a weekly basis who has had an issue with you regarding damaged parts in the past so don't try to BS people.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any way I'm signing out of this now, am going to accept my loss and will leave the members to make their own mind up on whats happened. I think 3 people already have hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
736 Posts
So Tim if you had on a weekly basis people telling you I sell damaged parts, why would you buy from me in the first place I think you really need to take a look at what you write it contradicts yourself.

Tim you are like the many other keyboard warriors on the internet and belong on the school playground with them.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
to be fair to bend that exhaust hanger that badly, NO amount of packaging would have stopped that getting bent ,thats been whacked hard by the courior

but FFS man give the guy his money back ,as said bottom arms arnt cheap why give it away ,you let it go with it on because you KNEW it wasnt coming off

·
Registered
736 Posts
Super Rover do you think I'm going to take a big hit for something iv not done, he didn't insure the postage like I did and after him posting this that's all out the window from now on I'm afraid it can be sorted through courts if he likes, plus if he heard so many bad things about me previously in Tims words he surely expected this.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Simon, I had no reason to doubt you until everything went wrong and how once there was an issue, you immediately went on the offensive saying I had done the damage. It was at this point I enquired to see if the person I knew had ever had any dealings with you. Hardly contradicting myself am I?

Being a keyboard warrior am I? Where have I personally made a direct threat about causing harm to you physically? Please enlighten me!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.