Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just been browsing through the Gallery and Cars for sale and (Chunkys III rep excepted) noticed that there seems to be no Grace Silver Evo Is going about , they all seem to be either Black or White , with a small number of red ones. Also on the I , Saint Amour Green is very rare , as is Moonlight Blue pearl on the II. Were these rare colour options or did people just order more of the 'popular' colours? Does anyone own one of the rarer colour options? If so could you post a piccy up as I don't think I've even seen a stock Silver/St Amour Green I before!(and only one pic of a Moonlight Blue II)

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
I've seen Is for sale advertised as black that are actually that dark green!

I think the popularity of certain colours in Japan has a lot to do with it, I think white is especially popular there as it confers some sort of status :confused:

It may also have something to do with the limited production runs, the colour splits may be decided before the production has even started and then just sold through the dealer network. Maybe those in charge at Mits thought it would be good to make a few exclusive colours in each generation, like mine :moon:

·
Registered
452 Posts
My evo 1 is officially black, but has the same metallic green through it. very subtle though. looks nice in bright sunlight so i see it about 4 times a year here in scotland.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i went looking at a blue 2, before i got my 1. it was £500 cheaper, had lower mileage and was in slightly better nick than the 1..... but i bought the 1 from him.... cos the blue 2 looked totally :gay: and :sick: ... never seen 1 before or since

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Ours is the same.

Looks very nice once polished and the sun catches it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
You were not looking hard enough in the registry!

I havent seen any other silver ones tho, other than chunky's on here.

Im having a personal battle with myself at the moment on whether to sell or not, if it was a little better on fuel I would definately keep it

Safc? anyone got any opinions/results on this?

andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts