Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Currently I have a 3 stainless from the Cat Back on my E3. I am wondering if there is much point in going 3 all the way through, or at least replacing the stock downpipe etc with a slightly larger one??

The car has a cold air box (battery relocated in boot), but other than this it is pretty much stock.

Will increasing the size of this section of pipe make a huge difference?? Will I loose mid range power or what??

Cheers all who can offer some insights on this one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
e3xtc I also have a cat back system (3 i think havn't checked) I was at Magoo's on wednesday Front pipe kit is about $300, but this may have been trade price! Have you get any pics of the cold air box? r u in New zealand? If so where from?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So when you were looking at the front pipe kit, did they say whether or not it would give much of a benefit - I know the story the exhaust is only as good as the narrowest part - but I want to retain a good powerband (ie don't want to see huge drops in midrange or other areas of power)

Damn nahh I don't have a digital camera to take a picture of the box. It is basically alloy sheet, which has been shapped to fill in the area from the headlight back to where the standard airbox would have been. The air flow captures air from above the headlight, and through the standard ventilation also. When I got the car it came with it. So have no idea on brand - however looks as though they would be easy enough to make. If I get some pics in the weekend I will sping them through.

Yeah NZ. Auckland. How about yourself?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts