Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm about to fit a coilover suspension to my TME should I exchange my top mounts aswell? The car is used for fun but not only for track driving, also for road driving so I think it's not wise to go for the pillow ball mounts. What else should I look for, Group N, Powerflex etc.

Any advice appreciated

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Mike

I was at Ralliart UK yesterday and this is one thing we discussed. My 7 Extreme has grp n bushes and so is the top mount. I was thinking of pillowball mounts because I have heard that you get really positive steering feel but I have now heard too many stories of people fitting and then removing them. I am sticking with the grp n mounts and can recommend them.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
They are part of the small things I will get in Japan on Sunday! :D I want to fine tune the camber in the front and change it for the track...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
funny just asked ralliart nz same question as i am going to fit my dms suspension soon that has been sitting in my office for the last month
save your money they said
i dunno got money and cant even spend it

some people do rate them so am in 2 minds

oh yeah dms continuously variable for camber (at front) so no need for adjustable top mounts

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i have been in the enviable position of having the following combinations on my car:-

1) standard suspension with lowered eibachs
2) this setup with ralliart top mounts
3) DMS with HKS pillow ball front, uprated ralliarts at rear
4) DMS with pillowballs all round.

The top mounts provided considerable improvement over standard, but were not ideal with the dms suspension - the HKS pillowballs were a great improvment - but I REALLY would not recommend them for the road. I was amazed at the improvement at the rear whe nwe changed those...

If you have DMS, their latest rears come with a top mount already, helping rear travel (nice).

If you intend to go on rough terrain, stick to the ralliart top mounts. For flat smooth roads, or circuits ,get cusco or HKS top mounts - but be prepared - they do wear out!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input.
It looks I'm going to get the Group N top mounts as I on my home terrain you can't call certain tarmac smooth.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
roller top mounts transform the steering,
raise the car by 10mm though,
massive improvement in feedback
not terrible ride,our kids do not complain about our FAMILY 4 DOOR CAR !
mike,i was right about the ecu,trust me on this !!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Stuart

sorry for my late reply but just spent two days at the Ring. No doubt you were right, the car didn't miss a beat. Where could I get those roller top mounts and at what cost (just got the indication for my tax bill:()

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Hks are also the best coloured! they do provide more feed back, but more road vibrations through than standard, and eventualy wear out.
Despite drummonds/ proflex being adjustable at the bottom, the best place to make changes is at the top. if you fit a 7 top mount to a 6, you can adjust caster and camber aswell, great for track days.
all the best, RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Scoobymike!

I have been trying to reach you. Call me at my cell phone in Switzerland 079 770 1917.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts