Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any insurance companies who will insure a customer short term?

I am looking for as short as possible in order to get my Evo Registered, as I am selling it.

Any Ideas????

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or does anybody know any trader insurance companies, besides Tradex???

Plz reply, help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
While this is a little naughty, this is the only way i could get mine insured for a decent price with LIV+VIC when i brought mine into the country.

L+V would not insure on a chassis number as they told me it was illegal (thank god i am not with them any more, Cheers Jez :)) so i had to insure it for twice the cost with one of the bigger faceless insurance companies.

Because i went with them on an installment policy, the credit agreement is regulated just the same as any other and subject to a 'cooling off' period. I got the car registered, then 'cooled off'

IIRC i paid a very small admin charge only for having it insured for the 2 weeks it took for SVA and registration etc.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Nods in agreement, I nearly did the same with belldirect (x week cooling off period) but Jez stepped in (Pace Ward) and offered me some proper legit short term insurance (two weeks if i remember). :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guyz, i'll give em a call.

I called another trader company and they offered me £350 TPFT for one whole year, so i may do that!

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts