Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
i have got two shell petrol station franchises

currently you will need around 15-20k per site you take on to buy stock and some working capital.

You wont find a web site about the deals as they rarely advertise, and things are changing big time over the next few months to one guy or a partnership running 6 to 8 sites so fewer openings for outsiders from now on.

To take on 6 sites you need security in the region of 250k, so if you dont have this dont bother contacting them ;) if you do, go for it !!

If you wanna get rich from selling fuel buy your own site, as with all franchises shell take a fair chunk of your margin as franchise fees.

A few months back total were looking for 'retailers' to run their sites and esso are disposing of quite a few at the moment leasehold and freehold.

hope this helps

mike

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
there is a hell of alot of money to be made via petrol stations mate, even with such poor margins at the moment. Like you said above, the best ones come with a decent size shop 1500 sq foot minimum and excellent location. At the end of the day, all i really sell between both of mine is junk food,**** and booze with the odd bit of grocery and car care products but they both can easily on a good week bring in £30+k a week combined @ on average 24%gp, but this is just bog standard shop format, if you were an independent and part of a buying group or franchise such as nisa/londis/spar i reckon that the sales would at least rise by 30%, put that together with comission from oil companys on fuel sales you would/could be laughing

some companys that sell stations as going concerns

www.christie.com

www.nigellawrence.co.uk

www.rapleys.co.uk

www.lsh.co.uk

good luck :)

mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts