Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
i have got two shell petrol station franchises

currently you will need around 15-20k per site you take on to buy stock and some working capital.

You wont find a web site about the deals as they rarely advertise, and things are changing big time over the next few months to one guy or a partnership running 6 to 8 sites so fewer openings for outsiders from now on.

To take on 6 sites you need security in the region of 250k, so if you dont have this dont bother contacting them ;) if you do, go for it !!

If you wanna get rich from selling fuel buy your own site, as with all franchises shell take a fair chunk of your margin as franchise fees.

A few months back total were looking for 'retailers' to run their sites and esso are disposing of quite a few at the moment leasehold and freehold.

hope this helps

mike

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike said:
i have got two shell petrol station franchises

currently you will need around 15-20k per site you take on to buy stock and some working capital.

You wont find a web site about the deals as they rarely advertise, and things are changing big time over the next few months to one guy or a partnership running 6 to 8 sites so fewer openings for outsiders from now on.

To take on 6 sites you need security in the region of 250k, so if you dont have this dont bother contacting them ;) if you do, go for it !!

If you wanna get rich from selling fuel buy your own site, as with all franchises shell take a fair chunk of your margin as franchise fees.

A few months back total were looking for 'retailers' to run their sites and esso are disposing of quite a few at the moment leasehold and freehold.

hope this helps

mike
mike your awesome and thanks mate, true esso is selling up their land around glasgow at the mo but the [email protected] house builders are buying it up

a few asian guys bought shell petrol stations and r minting it so thought maybe give shell a chance, like u said best get a site myself and build a 24 hr superstore along with it and a petrol station

i dont know what to do , ive got some money coming and alot of it by selling my house so dont know what to do either buy new homes or do more importing tuning parts or this petrol station thing

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
there is a hell of alot of money to be made via petrol stations mate, even with such poor margins at the moment. Like you said above, the best ones come with a decent size shop 1500 sq foot minimum and excellent location. At the end of the day, all i really sell between both of mine is junk food,**** and booze with the odd bit of grocery and car care products but they both can easily on a good week bring in £30+k a week combined @ on average 24%gp, but this is just bog standard shop format, if you were an independent and part of a buying group or franchise such as nisa/londis/spar i reckon that the sales would at least rise by 30%, put that together with comission from oil companys on fuel sales you would/could be laughing

some companys that sell stations as going concerns

www.christie.com

www.nigellawrence.co.uk

www.rapleys.co.uk

www.lsh.co.uk

good luck :)

mike

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike said:
there is a hell of alot of money to be made via petrol stations mate, even with such poor margins at the moment. Like you said above, the best ones come with a decent size shop 1500 sq foot minimum and excellent location. At the end of the day, all i really sell between both of mine is junk food,**** and booze with the odd bit of grocery and car care products but they both can easily on a good week bring in £30+k a week combined @ on average 24%gp, but this is just bog standard shop format, if you were an independent and part of a buying group or franchise such as nisa/londis/spar i reckon that the sales would at least rise by 30%, put that together with comission from oil companys on fuel sales you would/could be laughing

some companys that sell stations as going concerns

www.christie.com

www.nigellawrence.co.uk

www.rapleys.co.uk

www.lsh.co.uk

good luck :)

mike
thanks alot mike i deal with christieco already and their good :)

thanks for the rest of the links

will see what i will do and cheers :)

my mate evosaj here has a petrol station along with his tuning garage next to it

sounds a good idea to me :D

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts