Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the new Shell Optimax unleaded? Shell garage told me it is 98RON and is approx 4p/ litre cheaper than all other SUL around here! Filled up with it tonight, car actually felt slower (probably my imagination)!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now used Optimax twice and in my opinion the car did feel more responsive and generally quicker.

Shame I can only get it when on my travels as it hasn't arrived here in Leeds!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed it was cheaper too. I paid 80.9p for regular Shell SUL about three days ago
and paid 79.9p for Optimax on the very same forecourt last night.

In the words of a very crap TV show ... How do they do that?

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adamski

Optimax is available at the Shell garage at the bottom of Pool Bank on the junction for Otley/Harrogate/ Airport.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shell have been using optimax in all of there super unleaded pumps for the last 4 weeks and are just getting round to changing all the signs across the country.I also noticed a slight improvement.Would be nice if we could get 100 ron super unleaded like they do in japan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried Optimax twice and thought I noticed a difference but then put it down to being psychological cuz I knew the stuff was in the tank, I then filled up with Texaco SUL, and during that tankful the car didn't feel quite so responsive, I then filled up with Optimax again and its better. The difference is only subtle I find though, supposedly gets better the more you use it due to the cleaning agents in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have a E7 , pls see my reply to the thread on Octane-boosters -WHICH ARE NEEDED!
Austin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've not noticed Optimax being sold any cheaper, more the same price as other super, the fact it is 98RON over 97 is what would make me buy it, cleaning of the engine (if it actually does (any chemistis out there that could explain)) is an added bonus

Def

1 - 9 of 9 Posts