Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to do a thread on my new car. I have owned a few Evo's previously the first being a Evo 8 in black, a Evo 6 TME in white and currently have a Evo 5 in white.
I put a wanted ad up on here the other week looking for a high spec fast Evo, it's something that I've wanted since evo's began but unfortunately high insurance has always put a stop to that. Now, I'm getting older, a few extra years no claims and experience of evo ownership the insurance companies are happy and I finally got a sensible quote for a faster Evo!

Nothing for sale really got me interested, when a good car goes up for sale it's often bought by car dealers who will re-advertise it a week later with thousands added onto the price. Luckily my wanted ad was well received with more cars than I expected offered, but one really stood out, Evoedd's TME.

Why did it stand out? Full underside restoration, re-spayed bodywork, fresh engine build and new Norris designs 5.5 precision turbo kit. Sound good? Hell yes! Theirs more..... Ohlins R&T suspension, Evo 9 RS diff and a AP Racing 362mm big brake kit.

Obviously a deposit was sent pretty swiftly and the trip from Newcastle to Dorset organised. A quick 6 hour train trip I collected it on Saturday it's had me smiling from ear to ear since!

I really wanted to do this thread the give Steve (Username Evoedd) credit for this fantastic car and the dedication (and money) that has gone into it over the years of his ownership.

So, we will start with the underside restoration. In pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^^ That was carried out a few years ago now but since it was done properly it's still lovely under there to this day. (Hope Steve doesn't mind me using his pictures!)

Next up was the re-spray, which was completed last year.

More Pictures!

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I mentioned I collected the car from Steve who is in Dorset, and drove the 300miles back to Newcastle and the car was faultless. I managed to take it on a run up to Hartside cafe in Alston (awesome driving roads for those who don't know) today for my first proper drive out in it and it was the best car I have ever driven or been in! Ohlins suspension makes the car handle flat and level on corners but takes the bumps very well and give a very comfortable ride. The AP brakes with Carbotec pads have awesome stopping power from any speed and don't fade with very good feel hot or cold. The Norris designs Turbo kit is epic! Spool and lag don't feel much different than my standard Evo 5! Always boost when you need it and pulls you out of corners like a missile!

To summarise, I couldn't be happier with the car it's everything I have ever wanted in a Evo and is full of desirable parts and they all work together perfectly, in my eyes it's the perfect fast road spec Evo and is a hoot to drive! Once again, Steve this is an awesome car you have built!!!

Some pics from today.

Thanks for reading,
(A very excited) Jake

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Shakey_Jake188's 555bhp Tommi Makinen Edition

Very nice
Who's is the caged one in the last picture?
Baz25's

It's a beast!
Thought mine was high spec until I seen that
Quite a few Evos up there today.

·
Zero Fighter
12,872 Posts
Did you ever managed to sell the TME you had advertised for a while?

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Good morning Jake, I am glad you enjoyed your trip home, the car was my dream one and as you say money was no object to get it right.

steve

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bet that's a proper weapon:eek:
Will you be tracking it:mitsi:
Yes, the plan is to do a javelin sprint at Croft in June. If that goes well then enter the MLR Sprint at Cadwell Park.

For that I'd buy a new set of wheels with semi-slick tyres.
other potential upgrade are:

Bigger oil cooler,
Baffled sump,
Pair of comfy bucket seats that I can live with day to day.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Yes, the plan is to do a javelin sprint at Croft in June. If that goes well then enter the MLR Sprint at Cadwell Park.

For that I'd buy a new set of wheels with semi-slick tyres.
other potential upgrade are:

Bigger oil cooler,
Baffled sump,
Pair of comfy bucket seats that I can live with day to day.
Hi Jake, not certain but i thought the oil cooler may have been upgraded, might be wrong though

steve

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Hi mate, you free on the 7th may , for the meet at evotune.
If so look in the meets section.
Would love to see it in the flesh:mitsi:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Jake, not certain but i thought the oil cooler may have been upgraded, might be wrong though

steve
Ah right, I had a quick look at it and it look the same as a standard one but on closer inspection and looking at it from the back it is different and much thicker! So thanks for that Steve.
I think it's the gauges worrying me for no reason! :eek:

Hi mate, you free on the 7th may , for the meet at evotune.
If so look in the meets section.
Would love to see it in the flesh:mitsi:
Commented on the thread :smthumbup i'll have a look down.

Nice pair.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I offered Steve an extra grand to sell this car to me the week before u collected :mhihi:

He was a sound guy tho and didn't want to mess u around :smthumbup

Very nice Evo u got there, enjoy :smthumbup:mitsi:

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Very nice and clean car mate

Sorry I didn't get to chat much on Monday. Wish I'd taken a better look around your car!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts