Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted exedy organic unit to find that I had severe clutch slip straight away,

Removed gearbox etc and replaced with another exedy std unit and still, clutch slip straight away

Both flywheel surface and pressure plates were degreased before fitment, There is no pressure pushing on clutch fork causing the slip, and have even investigated the clutch release fork springs, with no results

The pressure plate is sitting tightened against the flywheel with all bolts secure this can be seen through either top or bottom inspection holes in the box

Both new clutch kits were fitted to a flywheel I had skimmed and what I wondered was at what point is the flywheel seen as out of tolerance??

There is 9mm of flywheel material before I get to the starter motor ring gear on the inside face

Starting to lose all hope! Im 600 quid down and looks like am on for a third box out session – fast running out of ideas

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bled the clutch cylinder ... no pressure on bar that touches the clutch fork, i didnt adjust the pedal - surely the height of the pedal doesnt have any impact on the slave cylinder operation?? If im wrong on this can someone explain why etc

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts