Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a sensible car to buy - like the quick rack and gears? Not bothered about AYC or ABS. But NO AirCon (I´m guessing not seen the spec - just the EVO article).

As a track car looks like the ideal tool. Just have to take a visit to Dudley and have a butchers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
jerry - not thinking of swapping yours already ? http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

I am going to Dudley hopefully on Monday afternoon so will report back. Don't think that they will ahve a demonstrator though.

IMO, gearing will be all wrong for the track - it'll keep it in the power band nice but you'll be forever changing gear - its not as if the standard gearing is over long by any means and i don't find myself too low in the revs when changing on teh track. CCC magazine said similar findings when they took the Exterem 7 to Anglessey.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry

Remember that your GSR already has the quick rack! No aircon is correct but is it really a track tool? It depends on what you want but it is a better starting point than a GSR. The RS gearing is a pain for everyday use, which is why I don't have an Exteme S, which is what I really want :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the evo 7RS is a great fun car but you need second car for everyday use

my other car is a n civic type r with 6 gears:)

the evo 7 rs2 or gsr is a nice compromise.

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting thoughts - no don´t intend to buy - just my curiosity on whether the Forum thought it a good purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts