Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Stel,

If the mileage is low and there is not a huge gap in mileage between services I would not worry too much (as long as the car is already out of the warranty period.)

If it as mint as I know you like them then I am sure you will be fine.

Happy hunting

Craig

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
hi guy's

i've found a car i really like

only issue i have is....

it should have 7 services in the book going on the 6 month intervals, but only has 5.

mileage is very low though

should i be worried? all the stamps are main stealer

it also has 4 owners on it, which i am not really happy about, but 2 of these were people from our armed forces who were called away thus sold the car instead of having it sitting for a long period of time

let me know what you lot think

thank you
So after all these years looking you've found one,but its not got FSH and had more owners than your happy with :crackup:

Bet you dont buy it :D

·
All things Evo
5,496 Posts
im a funny one with owners,

I like having low owners cars,

but at the same time I really look after my cars and maintain them beyond recommendations but I dont keep them very long

so vicious circle,

I am also in the forces and sell my car before I go away, so will vouch for that as I know alot of people do the same, as they dont want the hassle of leaving it parked on a camp or parked up and have to pay insurance,

·
Registered
295 Posts
I bought my 8MR with 8k miles and not all the service stamps and docs. Turned out to be a cracking car and has from when i bought it been serviced every 4.5k miles.

I wouldnt worry to be honest, as long as you get it checked out mechanically and your happy:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
dont worry stel.... take it down to Richie

hell look over the car for you.... :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If u like it mate and everything looks good id go for it. Gut feeling will tell u alot. I bought my 6 a year ago. It had three owners and the service paper work was missing for the first few services. Fully stamped up by Mitsi Ralliart, but no paper work. With the exception of wear and tear items it has been faultless and never missed a beat. Truth is when I first took it out felt as strong then as it does now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts