Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've just dropped it off at the dealers for it's 9000 mile service. They gave me an estimated cost of service which at the time I thought was a bit high at ~£376.

I just checked the buyers guide and the approx service cost stated in there is £276.... so unless I can't read, why do you think it should be so high? If it does turn out that high, should I kick up a fuss?

(especially seeing as though they service most of them for free!!!!) :cry:

Matt

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Kyl3cook said:
Well I've just dropped it off at the dealers for it's 9000 mile service. They gave me an estimated cost of service which at the time I thought was a bit high at ~£376.

I just checked the buyers guide and the approx service cost stated in there is £276.... so unless I can't read, why do you think it should be so high? If it does turn out that high, should I kick up a fuss?

(especially seeing as though they service most of them for free!!!!) :cry:

Matt
240 quid for me mate at Hexham Mitsubishi, yours seems a tad high. If the labour time is more than normal then its obviously down to their lack of expertise and you should not be held accountable for it.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully it won't be the labour...as that's iain newham who know's what he's doing....I will be scrutinising (sp?) the invoice when I pick it up...to see if the charged me £120 for an oil filter :crackup:

·
Registered
613 Posts
I got quotes from 2 local Mitsi. Ralliart depts. this week for a service, one was £276 the other £370.
When it was done, they invoiced me £136 including a valet :confused:
(Obviously I smiled, paid and left without questioning it, as you do ;) )

Seems they can charge what they like and your £370 isn't unusual.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
They are looking at the FQ300 price on the menu pricing and should be looking at the MR FQ.

There is an error on the FQ and oil is quoted twice, once as mineral and again as synthetic on the same quote.

Should be approx £300 with mineral oil.

Good luck

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black Knight said:
They are looking at the FQ300 price on the menu pricing and should be looking at the MR FQ.

There is an error on the FQ and oil is quoted twice, once as mineral and again as synthetic on the same quote.

Should be approx £300 with mineral oil.

Good luck

Tony
thanks tony...prepare for a call at 5ish if things get nasty :D

shouldn't it be synth and not mineral?

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
martianevo said:
I paid around £300 from Chris variava in notts for the 9000 mile service.
that's where mine is now...lets hope they don't try and screw me.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
They appear to inspire alot more confidence then alot of other dealers! Spotted a few things and fixed em under warantee no question, so I went away chuffed as i had got sumink for nowt!!

Had my alignment done as well, £120 on top of the £300!! won't be getting that done there again! To be fair it did work, no more uneven tyre wear!

previously I had alignment done at jeff fowkes in ibstock for £50, have the full on kit and knew what they were on about, same result , even tyre wear!

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well iain seems to know what he's doing. I took it to derby Chris Variava for it's 1000 mile service, and they proceeded to put the wrong oil in and failed to know what a 1000 mile tick sheet even was!

there's a place literally 2 minutes walk from Notts CV, which does wheel alignment for about £50....I bet they take it to them (they're good....took my old corrado there)...cash or cheque only though.)...Nottingham Wheel Alignment I think is the name.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Reading this and other threads of the same like is not good - what with peoples experiences with trade-in's and servicing it frankly does not put the mitsubishi dealer in good light for looking after it's customers - after all were all the kind of people who are likely to return for another evo (if treated right)
In all honesty £300 for a service is a bloody rip off. Apart from the active yaw service (which i remember was about £60 about 3 years ago) which involves the kefankled air bleeder special tool there really isn't much skill to chainging filters / oil. The cars (being rally cars) are designed for quick servicing, and indeed if you look where all the service points are on your car there all very easy to get at.
So the point is - every 4.5k miles what skill / special training are we paying for?
The answer - none!
Its all about warranty - and even then you keep your car for 3 years - try to trade it in ........ and the dealer ..... takes the **** .... again!!!!!

I'm well open for someone to tell me were the customer 'value' is in servicing - go on - i'm waiting ...........

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yep, agree.

Took my old 6 to chris variava in leicester once for uneven tyre wear problem, they couldn't find anything wrong and didn't even charge me for the 2 18" scratches across the rear bumper! And wots worse is they denied it was them!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
and!!!!!! ;) while i'm on still on this rant (got the bloody cold again so off work with a bit of time - suprise suprise) - Mitsubishi know they ahve a problem with there risidual values of evo's - its poor - very poor, hence all these deals with the 260 and free servicing - you look at the back of Autocar and there's loads of price reductions (2.5k at times!)
The problem is not the product - its the servicing!!!
Reduce costs (a evolution for the X would be reduced service intervals!) - make the ownership experience more palatable and the cars will retain their value better = better traid in values - more happy returning customers - simple its known as good buisness.
Frankly CCC are making a bit of a pigs ear of it - the public are not stupid when they see these 'reduction' adverts.
Why do you think there are more Subarus on the road - there cheaper to keep!!!

Few got that off my chest - pity the f#cking cough won't go with bashing the type writer.

Oh maybe not ......... could the members of the MLR not voice there public opinion - no harm might all save us a few bob!

Finished now - honest!

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Actually, IMO the reason for the rubbish residuals is this silly Evolution XXX numbering scheme that automatically gives each lower (in terms of numeric) model (during a new model release) an aura of being a 'lesser model'. Obviously this is not the case but to the average joe bloggs they will look at this way and franchised mitsi dealers will take full advantage of that fact.

Maybe a format of 'Evolution 2005 spec model' would be a much better alternative but why would Mitsubishi Japan/CCC utilise such a sale model - they are not in the SH selling business. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I take my Evo to Iain at Variava's. The last time it went in they made me sign a piece of paper with the estimated cost on it, I did nearly have a heart attack :eek: But when I picked it up it wasn't anyway near as expensive as they had said :cool:

Have a word with Iain, Matt, he wouldn't like to think that you weren't happy :)

They better not have put there prices up, mine is due to go in sometime this month :rolleyes:

Bex :angel:

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bex said:
I take my Evo to Iain at Variava's. The last time it went in they made me sign a piece of paper with the estimated cost on it, I did nearly have a heart attack :eek: But when I picked it up it wasn't anyway near as expensive as they had said :cool:

Have a word with Iain, Matt, he wouldn't like to think that you weren't happy :)

They better not have put there prices up, mine is due to go in sometime this month :rolleyes:

Bex :angel:
thanks...

yeah I had to sign it too. My last service was cheaper than stated like you say, so hopefully this one should be too. I'll see if they'll let Iain loose....they always seem really twitchy when I ask if he's available :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had my 9000 last week and phoned around a bit

Ipswich £220
Colchester £208
Chelmsford £176

Can you guess where I went?!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts