Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello board,
New evo VI owner here, just like a bit of advice on servicing and how i can purchase some decent octane booster. By internet /mailorder
(living in Aberdeen, went into local garage and he asked me which tractor was it for!! )
Car has done 18k miles , dealer told me car had been fully serviced before sale so when should i think about next service.
Also Car is currently getting Mongoose s/s system fitted, Decatted, hks induction kit and uprated ecu fitted.
Will i need to tell my insurance company, after reading the many postings on here , it seems many people mod thier evos, do you tell your insurance companies.??
cheers
Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Paul,

Don't even consider not telling your insurance company about car mods - if it comes to the crunch you could find that you are not insured. The extra premium is not often that much - the last car I changed to performance filter and exhaust cost me an extra ten quid but I'm not telling you what that was!!

Ref octane booster, there are many earlier posts, usually for Millers. Never touch the stuff myself.

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul
Service intervals are 4.5k miles or six month intervals with more in depth ones every 9k. brake fluid |PLS| coolant should be replaced at 18k and timing belts spark plugs fuel filter should be replaced at 45k. This is taken from service schedule ralliart supply to Mitsi dealers for official cars but I'm applying it to my import. I know 4.5k miles isn't very long but when you see the colour of the engine oil you'll know why, after all it is making a lot of power.
Adrian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts