Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car serviced for the 9000 miles. The garage had no AYC fluid and said hat it was not that necessary. Is this true?

Also My car has been parked up for about 3 weeks got into it and it feels slow, like the fuel in it has gone stale? does that make sence?

Cheers...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You should change the AYC fluid every 4500 miles, which I believe is the main reason for a high frequency of servicing. HH6, where are you mate? This is one 4 u...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting one. Ralliart replace AYC fluid every 4500 miles and I believe that has become a standard. Looking in the owners handbook that came with my 7, it does not even mention AYC fluid!!! looking at the maintenance section it also states that engine oil should eb replaced every 3000 miles and the filter every 6000 miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bulldog.
like the others have said your ayc fluid does require doing , thats why we all see the dealer 4x plus a year .

it is also possable that your fuel has 'gone off' i remember reading some where that high octane fuel does lose some of its octane rating if it has been stood for a long time some thing to do with the additives they add to increse the octane rating deteriating with time ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The high frequency servicing of the AYC diff stems from the problems that customers had with some
of the early AYC units in some e4's and e5's.
The AYC ECU was incorrectly programmed causing premature failure of the clutch pack within the diff.
Mitsubishis ' quik-fix ' solution was to change the AYC fluid more frequently, since this got rid of the wear particles that made the diff squeak. There was a problem with the clutch pack material also.
( see threads on coordsport forum under transmission). Frequent changing of the fluid on the faulty units did not solve the problem at all.

Mitsubishi now recommend that the AYC fluid and the hydraulic fluid are changed every 4,500 miles.
The e5/6 service manual stated the AYC fluid to be changed every 40,000km ( 24,000 miles) and the
hydraulic fluid was to be bled in the event of air entering the system because of a major diff overall.
Nowhere in the manuals e5or6 does it say to bleed the hydraulics as a regular service item, this was always deemed as a low service item.

Mr e6gsr has done 62,000 miles, the hydraulics have only been bled once ( mut2 at ralliart) and I have changed the AYC fluid myself at 10,000 mile intervals. The fluid is darkened slightly and there are very few particles collected on the magnetic drain plug. Having said that, I don't use my car at the track but it does fast road miles in the country lanes.
The diff is quiet and works well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts