Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please confirm what the correct service interval for a 7 is?
I'm getting conflicting information, some people tell me every 4.5k, others say every 6k, who is right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm sure others more learned than me will chip in, but my understanding is it's 4500 for engine/filter etc. but 6000 for AYC (that's what Warrenders told me when I picked my 7 up).

What do most do? It would seem better to me to just get it all done together.

Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mitsubishi say every 4,500 miles for engine oil and AYC fluid and AYC ATF. This was certainly emphasized for the e6.
By experience, I have changed my engine oil every 5,000 using Mobil-1 15w-50. I'm at 61,000 miles now and the engine is still running sweet
( apart from the occassional tappet rattle), as is the AYC diff.
Nowhere in the the service or handbook manuals does it give a service period for the AYC hydraulic fluid. This is deemed as a low service item and should only be replaced when major servicing on the diff have been performed that possibly introduce air into the hydraulic system.
The AYC fluid itself was introduced in the 5 manuals as being a 40,000km service item.
I know I keep harping on about this but, the AYC fluid IMO only needs changing about every 10,000 miles in the E6. This is based upon the wear I have found in the magnetic drain trap and the fluid itself.The ATF fluid in the hydraulic system in the diff I have only changed once at 53,000 miles.The diff hyd pump is still quiet and functions OK, as does the AYC diff as a whole.

In short make sure yr engine oil is changed every 5k at least , keep an eye on the level since some e7's have had oil consumption problems
over short term miles.

U only live once , smoke it ! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with MrMine

If you have an Evo7 i would check the oil every very regulary and maybe change it every 3000, as it seems there are at least 3 7's with suspected problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts