Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still waiting for my APEXi N1 from Japan, should be here early next month via shipping *hopefully*. thought of doing decat at the same time using 3 straight pipe with the sensor mounted into the custom drilled hole on the same pipe. my concern is, will the excessive heat kills the stock sensor or shorten its' life span on such decat setup since it's straight-flow/less restriction now thus more heat flowing thru?! anyone with a cat sensor problem after a decat?! would like to hear your comments...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SK_EVO.

Do the decat ,and just tie up the sensor,Its redundent.No lights will come on .they have done away with the sensor on the E5/6.If you plug it back into a decat I dare say it will heat it to malfunction.
So just tie it up under the car .Don't forget to keep the cat .just incase you need it for emmisions in the future.
You may not have the emissions problems that we have over here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just tie up the sensor?! to where and using what to tie?! how do you guys normally do it?! any pics/websites/links as guidelines?! is there a significant performance difference with and without the stock cat-converter?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sk_evo4
Coil it around ,as tight as the cable will go,and just secure with galvanised wite so it won't rust,or with plastc cable tie.
then just tape it to the underside of the car,with some good duct tape.
If your not going to buy an after market exhaust ,replace the cat temporarily with a decat pipe,and see what the effect is ,most say it realises 10-15 hp .Its a long time since I had mine done ,and forget what the car drove like originally.
Removal of the solonoid gromet was the simplest and satisfying mod.And I have put it back in and felt the suggish effect that it has when installed.had the gromet out for 18 months and no ill efects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts