Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a set of RE540S tyres. Does anybody have experience
with them? Also can I still fit a 235/45-17 on my standard 7.5-17 rims? Or is 225
the limit. For a reference see http://www.autospeed.com.au/A_0593/P_4/article.html.

-- Fons

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DRroot.

I telephoned yokahama directly to get a full detail on what I could maximum fit tyre wise to my Evo.
I only have 16 and standard tyre was 205/50/16 eventually ended up with a 225/45/16. 225 the max with out over stretching it.
But run bridgestone tyres.If you have an E5/6 you may be able to increase the width ,but reduce the side wall.They will tell you about the Rolling Radius .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrRoot,

According to Michelin's data sheet the ideal wheel for 235/45/17 is 17x8, but it mentions they can be also fitted to wheels as 'narrow' as 7.5 and as wide as 8.5.

The diameter of the 235/45 17 is 10mm larger than the standard 225/45 17 (652 vs 642mm).

Those numbers are for Michelin tires, but I guess they can be applied to other brands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Bridgestone Potenza 540s on my TME wheels. When you corner really hard ie you throw the car into a tight corner it sometimes touches inside the wheelarch. Especially if you have people sitting in the back. They look huge too. Other than that, no pbs, except the car really sticks to the ground :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Claudius,

where did you get the tyres? I see them in the BPS catalogue for 216 EUR.
You mention they touch on the inside of the wheelarches sometimes, do you have lowered
the car or is that with standard springs? To be sure the TME wheels are 17x7.5 or are
they 17x8? Thanks for any clarifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts