Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done it lately ?

Me and the Mrs have been having a clear out of all our old crap and i told her to give me all her old earings, necklaces and rings ect that ive bought her over the years, well along with my old Sovereign ring, Kruegerand ring, curb bracelet ect ect we have over 150g of stuff we are never gonna wear again.

I want to sell it and put it in the the little ones account for when shes older.

I wouldnt normally be such a Pikey but theres around a grand sitting there.

Wheres the best place to use ?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Take it to a jewellers and get it appraised, avoid these "we buy scrap gold" adverts on tv i've heard they offer abour 20% of what its worth

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
im looking for sterling silver chuck aways atm :)

·
acting daft since 1969
19,607 Posts
if there owt like the old mobile phone ads then dont bother sending it ,utter con and they make getting your stuff back hard work

as said take it to an independant jewller they will more than likly give you a decent price

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good mate of mine is a fully qualified goldsmith, have just spoken with him, he would be able to buy the lot at a good price.

Agree with the comments about those companies who advertise on the TV they will rip you off.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
the best place to sell used to be

http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/

from money saving expert, you get the going rate top prices, me and the mrs had a few hundred, we couldnt belive it as it wasn't much gold...
150g of 9ct gold
is £1194.37 from the above, you will be lucky to get half of that from most back street cowboys.

we sent the gold next day delivery and got paid the next day, money wired direct into bank.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I know it's a long way but I did this a few years ago.

Went to a place in my town and was offered something like £180.

Went up to Newcastle / first place offered circa £220.

Went into the "National advertiser" (Ramsdons) and they didn't want certain things and offered about £100 for what they did want.

Went to a small back street / family owned shop and was offered about £320 which I snapped their hand off for.

The difference was huge as you can see.

Shop around :smthumbup

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers :smthumbup

I found the one you linked Fozzy, got good reviews :smthumbup

I'll have a shop around and avoid the TV thiefs.

Nick you have pm in a bit.

Dal didnt everyone have a Sovereign when they were cool and i didnt wear all my bling at once :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts