Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this has been posted before or been talked about, i know its not an auction site
but can people who sell stuff not get some sort off rating so you know who to but off or who not

just an idea:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
personally i agree with this brought stuff from members off here without seeing pics and ended up with a load of tat. want my money back off a member iv just brought off who wont reply! with an address to send his tat back :smthumbdo

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
This is an easy one to do something about ourselves.

If you buy something off someone then once you receive the goods and are happy with them, post on the original for sale thread saying so.

Then if you are looking at buying a part in the for sale section all you need to do is use the search function and search for the sellers previous threads that he/she have started in the For Sale section and then read the last posts on their threads.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Baz over on ( cough ) scoobynet members have a traders score next to thier user name and when you click on it it gives an ebay style score. :smthumbup

Not sure how easy it would be for you guys to integrate it into this forum.

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
Baz over on ( cough ) scoobynet members have a traders score next to thier user name and when you click on it it gives an ebay style score. :smthumbup

Paul, there's been loads of these type of posts on here before and the MLR staff have said before that its very unlikely we'd get any kind of scoring system (not entirely sure why). I think this is one of few forums left where there isn't some type of feedback system in operation. If folk were to do what I've mentioned above then MLR staff would need to get involved or make any changes to the forum etc.

·
Registered
733 Posts

Same on mkivsupra.net about 4 years ago:smthumbup

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
This is an easy one to do something about ourselves.

If you buy something off someone then once you receive the goods and are happy with them, post on the original for sale thread saying so.

Then if you are looking at buying a part in the for sale section all you need to do is use the search function and search for the sellers previous threads that he/she have started in the For Sale section and then read the last posts on their threads.

Bump for the above points.

I use Passionford and that has I Trader on it - similar to Ebay feedback system. Works perfectly. I believe this board runs on the same OS as Passionford so should be easy to implement.

At the mo I have to do as Baz suggests. I always leave feedback and actively search for the same before buying off any new users.

Any reply from the MLR now as to why I Trader or similar has not been brought in yet? :confused:

Everything else about the site and the MLR I love. Parts and cars for sale needs some attention though to make it even better.

Si

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I always ask anyone who's bought something off me to post up on the for sale thread whether or not they are happy or not.

(but it does require them actually doing it, just like someone actually bothering to give feedback ).

Then if i sell something else then the buyer can search for sale section for my username to see how good or bad i am.

Like this.....

Then you get this....

cheers

Andy.......:smthumbup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts