Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilema on my hands, just test drove a grey VIII MR FQ340 and i don't know if i should part x my TME for the new car.

it has 9000miles reg sept 2004 for £29,000

or visit mark shead and fit an autronics ecu to my TME?

Help please!!!

Dan

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
dan t said:
I have a dilema on my hands, just test drove a grey VIII MR FQ340 and i don't know if i should part x my TME for the new car.

Help please!!!

Dan
Even from a dealer thats way too expensive - haggle around the 26k mark. Private around 24-25k.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a big difference in performance, my car currently has a h&s system, and induction. ECU seems like the next thing to do or may sell. Do you have ALS on your car?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yeah Autronics made a big difference to the car, made it alot more fun to drive and yes I do have Anti-lag on my car.

The only problem is, is that you wont end there, once you get it you want more and more.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
sell my TME for fq

well my friend i have had my TME from new for 3yrs now and i was getting a bit bored with it last year i ordered a new fq for sept del without driving one then i actually drove one in the Aug and well what can i say other than the dealer then ended up with a nice red fq demonstrator which they wern"t too pi..ed off about cos all they had had previously were black ones. The Mad Monk

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
You'll get more power with the ECU but not the better all-round performance. If you just want BHP figures then save a shed load and get the ECU fitted to your TME.

·
Registered
24 Posts
340 has a lot of 'extra stuff' (piggy back ecu etc) that usually is ditched. Bter value would be 300 or 320 that is £4k cheaper, which easily pays for decent ecu without the detonation risks the piggy back unit has.

Comments about the IX also applyGT is less than £24k, GSR less than £27k.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
dan t said:

Help please!!!

Dan
Mate i got offered a July 04 MR 340 with 4000 miles 2 mths ago for £26000 so i would no way pay £29000 for that one .The dealer would have only paid max £24500 so have alot in the car. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the response i think i have made my mind up and will go for the ecu.

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts