Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I,ve had my evo 7 for about a month now and am really pleased with it.
I am having a very slight kick back when i go on full throttle,which when past that bit carries on like normal.
I have also got a hks induction kit and de-cat fitted?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wonder if this could be fuel cut ?!?!!?

Fuel cut is very harsh and sudden, or atleast , it is on every
car ive driven thats done it (havent even been in a 7 yet!)

You could try putting the original cat back in and seeing if this cures
the hesitation.

If that doesnt cure it, it could be a million and one things, best get
it back to a dealer id say....

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the exact same thing on my 2, only mine is totally standard.............i think!. there is quite a lot of hesitation and juddering accelerating in 4th and 5th from lowish revs, id been ignoring it until i saw this thread as it doesnt seem like a big problem......is it?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had an idea, I borrowed an evo4 that the owner had filled with standard
unleaded 95ron (shoot him) and when driven hard it would hesitate like a
b4rsterd.

Your not using normal unleaded are you guys ?????

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, im only using optimax at the moment, it did it when i was using super as well unfortunately.
just wondering if it is something to do with the fact that it is now running on less RON than it was in japan (it was only imported in september) does seem like a fuel cut problem:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jhonny

Your right its not too bad of a thing but i,m sure we can get rid of it.
I too have another friend with a standard 7 and his does it too.

Yellow i,m using optimax.

I spoke to my dealer earlier who has asked me to try something which i will post when
i have tested it.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jhonny

I took the spark plugs out and gave them a good clean.
It Seems that the problem has gone :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi evo7

i have got the same thing with my evo but i remember it has been like that form new? why would the spark plugs need any cleaning?

with mine if i hold it on part throttle between 2500-3500revs i get a bit of hesitation. also if i am on full boost around 3500rpm and lift off there is also some hesitation it is like the fuel map is a bit dodgy.

i also have the cat removed but apart from that it is totally standard GSR.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine is a ralliart car.
why did you ask ?

well the problem is a lot less with the cold weather which indicates to me it is a over fueling (ie map) issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I asked because I know they had a problem with some EVO 7's fouling spark plugs up. This was due to the high number of vehicles they had and the constant moving in and out of the workshop, hence fouling the plugs up.
I appreciate what your saying about mapping but I would clean(or replace) the spark plugs first just to eliminate it.
I can't ever remember a problem with a standard Mitsubishi ECU so if this were the problem it would be very interesting to no indeed.
If the problem still persists then I suggest a MUT test and check out the readings in particular the intake air temp sensor which is in the air flow meter. I have replaced a couple of these on EVO 7's but not for this fault.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm not sure its advised to clean plugs these days. The cleaning can damage the insulation around the central electrode. Take it out for a good thrash instead - will clean off the ****.

It does sound like the maps for the e7 are not very good and with a small modification end up with poor fuelling. Or could be temperature compensation in air flow meter not working coz if it was working then the air flow would be correct whatever the temperature and the probelm wouldn't improve in cold weather. In fact plug fouling gets worse in cold weather (as engine runs cooler).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sam

I had this problem from new too and have another friend with new E7 who has same problem.
It seems to lie with the gap of the spark plug.
If i leave the gap the same as mits say it will still hesitate very slighlty.
Take them out and clean them first.
I have a new set of hks iridium plugs which i got from [Justin - Yellow 5]
Which seem to work fine. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Evo6 suffers fuel cuts when i use lower rated fuel.
This lasts for about 2 tanks worth of fuel.
For some reason, the ECU doesnt compensate immediately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You might want to try a different grade of plug, with the change in temp it could be that your plugs are to cold a plug and are not hitting the right temp to burn off deposits causing fouling and some hesitation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FAVile,

Interesting theory about plug fouling due to repeated starting and moving about in the workshop.

I recently got my car back from the garage, and it ran horribly! Hesitation and flatspots all throughout the rev-band, felt like something was wrong with the ECU! A quick check of the plugs revealed they were indeed fouled, and the car ran like a dream with new plugs.

I was wondering what could have fouled the plugs, and maybe your theory is the answer. The car was in the workshop for more than a week, and it is a very small, tight workshop, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got moved about from one space to another quite often during that period.

Anyone else confirmed this sort of situation? Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.