Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
How about this one:

If you link up the bov with the secondary air system!?!

So, instead of venting back into the airbox, venting into the exhaust/turbo through the sas to keep the turbo spinning (and to cool it down?).

I always wondered about how the sas works after the bov has dumped all the air?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
if i remember correctly someone on the board had this setup on their evo6 when they bought it and after testing it decided that the secondary air valve wasnt working enough to make this setup effective.maybe if you can get the SAV to work more this could be a mild form of anti-lag.I wouldnt suggest messing around with this unless you know what your doing.If im wrong please feel free to correct me.

i'll get me flame suit :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
One could dissable the secondary air valve and use the bov instead. Close of the pipe going to the sa-valve and hook up the bov to the sas piping (into the exhaust manifault).

Std. on the Evo 6: the sas works only above 4000rpm. But I can't see it doing much after the bov opens up.

I don't want an als that injects fuel as well. A system as mentioned above could be a 'mild als' and would cool down the exhaust temps as well. Or would this sudden temp drop lead to problems?

So basically dissable the sas and route the air from the bov not into the airbox but into the exhaust manifault!?!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Picture of the new WRC evo7 engine bay in Sport Auto shows the dump valve vented into the exhaust manifold.

Looks like they use an old E39 VR4 all metal dump valve too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
L-speed, you could be correct! Or is the 'real' bov missing on the pic and they are running both systems as well?

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
N.Ring,
My friend had the BOV linked into the SAS but still had the SAS valve in the line. As has been said above by C2GSR, the problem he had was that the SAS valve wasn't open all the time and so the BOV opened but the SAS didn't and you were left with same effect as running no BOV at all.
He changed his system back into the original because of this but I can't see any reason as to why plumbing the BOV into the manifold would cause a problem.
You wouldn't get much of an anti lag effect though because the volume of gas that you're venting into the exhasut would be tiny compared the the volume of gas generated during combustion therefore it might be doubtful as to what you would achieve by doing this modification.

Hope this helps

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts