Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently thinking of putting a screamer pipe on my car but I'm in two minds. What are peoples.
Opinions do they make much difference ?
Does anyone make one for a decent price
Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Loud
Anti social
Can be heard from miles away
Smells of exhaust fumes in cabin
Will hurt you're ears in tunnels

I loved mine :)
Ah right I'm not like the sound out exhaust fumes in the car lol I do like the sound of them

They are not road legal so you are risking a tug from the rozzers. Depends how much you give a [email protected]@ :)
Hmm I didn't know that

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Do they pass MOT's?, Don't mind putting the cat back on once a year but couldn't be bothered stripping that off.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
makes fantastic sound though - my v band fell off the bottom of the turbo on way back from lemans about 30 miles from home. i didnt really ntice as i was zoned out after 12 hours behind the wheel.

however i could see drivers flinch as i pulled out to overtake them!

made me want one big time - especially sticking out the bonnet!!!!!

·
It is what it is.
1,109 Posts
Is there any performance gains from one? Guessing it has less restriction but does it make a noticable difference?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
wont make much difference to spool as waste gate is shut whilst spooling - but will make difference when up to boost.

when my vband fell off my boost went up from 1.6 to 1.75 barg with noticably more power. i run a full 3 inch magnex system inc downpipe which must creat a fair back pressure to affect boost so much.

all the exhaust gas going down the screamer pipe will reduce the flow through the main exhaust and thus reduce exhaust back pressure.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I like the sound of a screamer pipe from outside the car but from inside driving it does my head in :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
I hated mine an removed the lot i had

Tubular manifold with external wastegate, Evo 6 turbo + screamer

thing was brilliant for all off 20 minutes
then it just got boring

sounded as if the exhaust was broken lol

but just after lifting my car from getting it all fitted i was smiling from, ear to ear but the novelty wore off

i also had no smell of anything in the car, was normal, just the noise was crazy loud lol

am i right in saying these are illegal on a track as its noise pollution?

Over here i know a few tracks dont allow screamers as houses are close by

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Got mine fitted a few days ago now but I've not driven my car much since fitted.

It's definitely louder even when the car is stationary/idle you can hear the exhaust from the front of the car. But when it fully opens up (4.5k rpm) it's phecking loud, it's sounds a bit like a NA car hitting 9k rpm.

I can see why some might find it annoying, but I can live with it:)

It's a bit like having a hks ssqv dump valve or pop and bangs, some love it some hate it and some get bored of it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts