Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe what I have just done! I reversed into a low flying wooden railing... and it has damaged my baby! I have scraped the rear bumper and am hoping that someone can recommend an excellent spray shop in the Manchester/Cheshire area? :(

Any ideas what it might cost? It is Satellite Silver... not that that should matter.

Cheers guys and gals (Damn it!!!!)

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,541 Posts
Yep,martin is right,there will be about 4 or 5 different shades to the silver....bit of a nightmare to match,but a good bodyshop will do it. :)

If you are really paranoid about the match then get the bodyshop guy to bring out the satelite silver colour chips and match the best one to your car,with you there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys... I am really worried now! I am going to hold out until a get a proper recommenation from someone I think. It is so risky with the amount of cowboys out there.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
look for a prestige car bosyshop. My Brother used to own a bodyshop for bentleys, rolls royce etc, and you're almost guaranteed a decent paint job as the kind of customers who they get wouldn't expect any less.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Try checking with your local Merc or BM dealers. They may well outsource their bodywork jobs and generally pick the good bodyshops.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
mainland bodycare manchester road warrington,very very good,the main garage is a citreon dealership at the front with a body shop at the rear,well worth a phone call,i wouldnt say the are the cheapest,defo good at what they do

01925 815004 ask for Jan he will sort you out

·
Registered
439 Posts
Brian Carroll said:
chipsaway did an extremely good job on my Satellite Silver VII when I contacted the garage wall (doh!), but it does depend on how good your local agent is.
Chipsaway did a spankingly good job when I scraped my old V, and they were quick (only took half an hour at most - filler, primer, a few coats of paint and laquer) and cheap. Well happy with the result.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Mine wasn't done especially quickly and I left the car at the guys unit where he had all the heaters and right gear but the job was flawless. I guess he had the car for 4 or 5 hours but then he had a couple of other cars he was working on and I also got the chance to see some of his other work before I gave the go-ahead. I was worried about the matching of the silver but it's absolutely spot on, and I am very fussy. If I didn't like it I would have complained and it would have been into a bodyshop soon after.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brian Carroll said:
Mine wasn't done especially quickly and I left the car at the guys unit where he had all the heaters and right gear but the job was flawless. I guess he had the car for 4 or 5 hours but then he had a couple of other cars he was working on and I also got the chance to see some of his other work before I gave the go-ahead. I was worried about the matching of the silver but it's absolutely spot on, and I am very fussy. If I didn't like it I would have complained and it would have been into a bodyshop soon after.
Thanks Brian I am going to give them a call later today! fingers crossed... i want my baby fixed!! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts