Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, there seems to be full range of Scottish activicties in here at the moment, which is a good thing.

What I'm proposing and trying to guage interest in is a midweek evening meet, seeing as the nights are still light until about 10pm.

The format will be meet up and have a car treasure hunt, with a radius of around 20miles. Find the clues and hopefully everyone will end up at the same pub/ hotel for a bite to eat and a couple of drinks.

To make it all work we would probably need around 10 cars with a minimum of two people in each as you will need a navigator to get between clues. So car-sharing is a good option.

What you think? Who'd be interested? What midweek nights can you not make?

If enough interest I'll get it sorted in a couple of weeks, as I'm off on my travels very shortly and will scout the route and clues on my return.

...John

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Both :crackup:

When I first got the mods done 18 months back - ND Dawes, zorst, filter, fuel pump, plugs - it got 303.5bhp ATF 216bhp ATW at 6470rpm at Star. (and 296 lb ft @ 3890rpm)

The Dawes has gone wonky somehow recently and the boost is all over the shop, spiking high and settling low - at AVA it got ~250bhp ATF 207bhp ATW at 6600rpm. (and ~260 lb ft @ 3000rpm)

So, I'm hoping to get about 300bhp ATF 220 ATW on Wallace's dyno today and 300bhp ATF 250bhp ATW on AVA's dyno tomorrow :D

Because I use my car on track, for high speed stuff in Germany etc, I'm not really chasing numbers - the 4's engines are a bit chocolatey, so will be happy if it just drives properly again and doesn't blow up! - I hate boost/fuel cuts :cry:

Will let you know how it goes :D :coolsm:

Rog

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Might be up for this ;)

Would need a navigator as the trouble & strife doesn't get home till back of 7pm.

Could team up with Rog if he needs a navigator, would probably be better than his Sat Nav :D

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
So long as the prizes are cunningly located one field away from where they're meant to be, my Sat Nav will be just fine :D

I don't mind being your Navigator Span, I'm quite good at that sort of thing when I'm not driving!

"Watch a swarm of flies - Stop"!

See? :crackup: ;)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
ROG,
Got the dvd today thanks :D have driven the roads in the later part of it but the earlier stuff with all the crests and tight bends looks superb....
And you dont have to tell me about the iv engines being chocolate found out to my expense :blah:
Will have the new engine fitted for this so should be a laugh (turning the signs round) :angel:

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
The Admiral said:
I don't mind being your Navigator Span, I'm quite good at that sort of thing when I'm not driving!

"Watch a swarm of flies - Stop"!
Looks like we have a team, cheers Rog ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts