Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To try and gauge what we will try to achieve later in the year, as far as Scottish meets go, how about a mini meet, just to see some faces to names and have a blether.

I'm not thinking about anything planned like routes or A to B stuff, just a gathering at a central location to say 'Hi'

Who would be interested??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi John,

Hows the ARP bolts holding out, did they give you an extra 5% bhp :)

As always, you can count me in for a Scottish meet.

My local garage mechanic just sold his E5 RS to another local lad, I will try and get his contact details and see if he is interested in meeting some other evoholics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, nothing has went bang....so far. I'm looking at starting to mod soon.

Good that you'll be up for a meet....I'll catch you on sunday at Star.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be up for a meet once I get my Evo 6 in a few weeks. :)

Are any Scottish folks intending to go to the Cadwell track day of 22nd March? I am.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets set a date for March. How about the 24th march. Any ideas on a possible location?? Somewhere local for anyone travelling.

Crail airfield has a drag day on that day, so maybe meet up beforehand and travel up to Crail. just an idea.

I'm not expecting a lot to turn up, but we can only start somewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found this thread - not a lot of action for us in this category is there!

Up for it as always and as my bloody second flat has been rented out for a whole year (woohoo!) I'll actually have the spare moolah to attend!

As usual will try to drum up suitable interest elsewhere. John, thanks to your efforts someday there will be more than 3 Scottish MLR members in one place at one time :) Who have we got anyway?

Me
Evojkp
Spanpody
Negri
Sam Elessar (I assume?)
Eric (not been around recently?)
Voltaire - where are you from?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Voltaire
I'm in West Lothian near Bathgate. Glasgow...orrible place...went out on the pi** there on Friday for the 1st time, no good at all. Strange wimmin :(

Chunky
Yer right Eric has kind of disappeared ?? I'v emailed him about the trackday on the 17th March, but he has not been in contact.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, so you're all East Coasters - unlucky. ;)

At least there's a few fellow Scots here as on the Exige forum I'm the only Scot. Anyway, look forward to meeting up with you guys at some point. I'm due to move house around the middle of March so will have difficulty making Knockhill, aswell as Cadwell, but I'll try my best.

Ally

P.S. Glasgow rules! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, so why the photo of Mars Chunky? ;)

I live in the Shawlands area BTW and have a good view of the Science Centre pole thingy, flashing away from me flat window. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, it kinda dominates the view from my street! Will keep an eye out for you, I've a few friends up Pollockshaws Road/Shawlands - what colour is your motor?

I'd given up spotting Evos in Glasgow, it seems pretty much that their owners aren't true enthusiasts!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chunky, I won't be getting my Evo 6 for a few weeks, as mentioned earlier in this post, so that's why you won't have seen me around. :)

Do you have an Icelle (Navy) Evo 6? If so, I've seen you a couple of times. You may have seen my BRG Lotus Exige or Black M Coupe about the vicinity.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha! No, I'm at the opposite end of the scale of Lancer ownership with my 1993 Lancer GSR, take a peek in the Member's cars section (my details need updated!) of the website if you want to know what the car looks like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Visited World of Chunky - nice car and site. Looks like you're one of those strange blokes that knows their way around a computer then. ;) I'm a computer nimwit and could no more build a site than fly to the moon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So are we gonny decide on a date and location?? Does not have to be a big event. Although we could tie it in with the RR Day at Star in April, I know its a way off. Any ideas??

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My social calendar ain't exactly overcrowded for the next wee while so just about any Sat or Sun is fine for me. Similarly have car, will travel - Wick might be pushing it a bit though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HI GUYS ,I AM A NEW MEMBER TO THE MLR I OWN AN EX 2000 LANCER TURBO AND WOULD BE INTERESTED
IN ANY MEETINGS IN SCOTLAND.PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED OF FUTURE MEETS AND I WILL TRY MY BEST TO
BE THERE.AT PRESENT I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF EXTENDING MY GARAGE TO GET ANOTHER CAR IN SO WILL BE BUSY FOR A FEW WEEKS

P.S. I LIVE NEAR GLENROTHES SO STAR PERFORMANCE IS NEARBY

1 - 20 of 43 Posts