Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Isn't there a thread on here that's dragged on forever about the effects of removing rear spoiler lol. I wonder how this compares?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,827 Posts
Isn't there a thread on here that's dragged on forever about the effects of removing rear spoiler lol. I wonder how this compares?
The main factor in these vehicles is if you drive with a cover over the truck bed or not. There's a guy who does aero for Time Attack cars who has these two videos that explicitly state I'm wrong about this, but if you were to ask him he'd say I was actually right.

·
Premium Member
20,559 Posts
The main factor in these vehicles is if you drive with a cover over the truck bed or not. There's a guy who does aero for Time Attack cars who has these two videos that explicitly state I'm wrong about this, but if you were to ask him he'd say I was actually right.
You are never wrong :D...............:utahere:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,827 Posts
You are never wrong :D...............:utahere:
Don't just take my word for it, here's Mythbusters testing it too

The best way to drive is with the cover on. I know the video explicitly states otherwise, but if you were to ask Adam and Jamie they'd actually agree with me.

Man, it took me weeks to find that video

myth_truck.png

so I hope you appreciate it....

·
Premium Member
20,559 Posts

The best way to drive is with the cover on. I know the video explicitly states otherwise, but if you were to ask Adam and Jamie they'd actually agree with me.

View attachment 277462

Been ages since i watched these 2 lads /mythbusters .....my allergy to the evils of TEE VEE no doubt ;)...i digress!!
We always appreciate your diligence n doggedness :mhihi:

·
Premium Member
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

View attachment 277462

There was a 5% saving with the mesh but no tailgate. The tailgate weighs about 80kg (apparently) What does the pickup weigh? 2000kg? That's the tailgate at 4% of total weight and they got 5% reduction in fuel consumption.
And they never said if they'd refueled the truck each subsequent test so the fuel weight might be less. They should have put the tailgate in the back of the truck. QED motherf*cker.

Reactions: will2

·
Premium Member
20,559 Posts
There was a 5% saving with the mesh but no tailgate. The tailgate weighs about 80kg (apparently) What does the pickup weigh? 2000kg? That's the tailgate at 4% of total weight and they got 5% reduction in fuel consumption.
And they never said if they'd refueled the truck each subsequent test so the fuel weight might be less. They should have put the tailgate in the back of the truck. QED motherf*cker.
:crackup::smthumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts