Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pah, they're tiny:

Just imagine how much fuel you could save with this badboy:

I wonder how many he's sold?! :eek::blah: Some sad sod will believe it!

youngsyr, you'd save loads with that one fitted :crackup:

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Actually, and I have no idea if it will work on yer Evo, but:-

someone I worked with bought some and I laughed, so he got a set and put them on my diesel Discovery to prove a point.
And to my total and utter amazement, it worked. saw about 0.5mpg improvement, measured and repeated week after week. Pick up was a tad improved as well.

Took em off, and it reverted back. Had to apologise :lol:

They were about the size of packet of gum and very strong.

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Sweet, you can fit this, run it in for 1000km (620 miles) and then you can use a lower octane fuel, possibly gain a couple of BHP AND the aircon will work better.

I might try it :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Actually, and I have no idea if it will work on yer Evo, but:-

someone I worked with bought some and I laughed, so he got a set and put them on my diesel Discovery to prove a point.
And to my total and utter amazement, it worked. saw about 0.5mpg improvement, measured and repeated week after week. Pick up was a tad improved as well.

Took em off, and it reverted back. Had to apologise :lol:

They were about the size of packet of gum and very strong.
0.5mpg!! Well that must be a ground breaking saving!! So you're saying that 0.5mpg is proof that it works:confused:

I don't see how anybody could actually believe that. So you're mpg before you fitted the magnets was EXACTLY the same EVERY week & now after repeatedly testi8ng over a few weeks it's exactly 0.5mpg better EVERY week!!

What a load of sh*te!! Sorry, not wanting to come across as being abusive but that is total garbage. Fair enough if you were ragging it every week now & you weren't before & it's now 0.5mpg better but come on, slight difference in weather can cause 0.5mpg difference

If you'd said 5mpg I may believe you

Craig:coolsm:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder how many he's sold?! :eek::blah: Some sad sod will believe it!

youngsyr, you'd save loads with that one fitted :crackup:
Told you someone would believe it!! ;):crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
0.5mpg!! Well that must be a ground breaking saving!! So you're saying that 0.5mpg is proof that it works:confused:

I don't see how anybody could actually believe that. So you're mpg before you fitted the magnets was EXACTLY the same EVERY week & now after repeatedly testi8ng over a few weeks it's exactly 0.5mpg better EVERY week!!

What a load of sh*te!! Sorry, not wanting to come across as being abusive but that is total garbage. Fair enough if you were ragging it every week now & you weren't before & it's now 0.5mpg better but come on, slight difference in weather can cause 0.5mpg difference

If you'd said 5mpg I may believe you

Craig:coolsm:
if I had said 5mpg a) I'd be lying b) no one would believe me c) everyone would be doing it.
I didn't have an onboard computer just petrol receipts and a calculator. I consistently got 27mpg before, and over a period using the magnets it rose to nearly 28mpg. I did the same commute every week and worked from that. Land Rover diesels aren't renown for their economy.

Be abusive if you want, don't believe it if you can't cope with such a statement - like I care? :shake:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts