Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok spent half an hour today fitting my nice new SARD FPR, now just need to borrow a wideband to rough tune it...got it set @ 43psi with vac off.. which is just above std pressure so hopefully on the safe side for now? ......anyone got any feedback on this ?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
you finally got it fitted then ian
wish the evo3 had that much space to fit it i have the bigger type r one and had to remove the canister for the aircon (not used)
i would lend you my wideband if you could collect it lost too much stuff in the post and couriers

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,
Yer finally got round to it, had a good thrash afterwards and seems fine.... wish i was nearer to you to pop in for the wideband :( ...never mind i think theres a guy going to cadwell with on i can borrow so that should do it :)

You say 41psi ? is that with or without vac pipe on ?....i have mine @ 43 without vac pipe which drops to 37ish once pipe is one....does this sound right ?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
yes i did it was the size of my tail pipe the wideband could not get a good reading even with the venturi tube welded the boss to front pipe and it was dipping down into bore wash terrotory
9.7:1 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The reason i ask is because i fitted walbro 255 pump and sard friday last to a m8's car its running standard injectors but cant seem to get the pressure below 75psi,presumably thats 75 is returning to the tank?increasing the turn screw on the top of it should drop the pressure to whatever and force more fuel through the injectors?(no instrutions came with it)
Were not sure no if its better or worse,perhaps gone to far with what is basically not far from standard car,but the guy is always messing so i thought this would be the next logical step to take with it,what do you reckon?

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm.. odd something isnt right there, i also have the walbro 255 pump in mine and its the high pressure version as well, i wouldnt run the car until you sort it, as if you have 75psi at the rail then injectors will be flowing enough fuel to give massive bore wash problems!...is the gauge fitted into the reg like mine? ...if so and all pipes are on correcetly then you have 75psi at the injectors!!!!!....to adust pressure you remove or block vac feed...the slacken the locknut on top and turn the threaded section in or out to adjust.

HTH

cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pet sorry no nothing of any use really, there isnt much to explain though...fuel into the side port as well as gauge on 2nd side port, fuel out/return goes to the bottom and vac pipe to top...thats it....have you got the in and out pipes on correctly ?.... ive knocked up a quick pic detailing seperate parts etc....might be you are turning the swivel section on the top of vac feed which has no effect on pressure ?

Hope this helps :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
nice 1 m8 thanks,will have to see if someone else knows how to set them up as thats what im after more than anything,wondering if the pumps just to big for the standard injectors and the system can't cope?

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
No problems :) .....the only setting up you need to do is the base pressure....standard pressure is 41/42psi ish with vac off which is fine for most cars even running higher boost ( you dont even need one until you start going for bigger boost 1.5bar and upwards)...then you can rough tune with a wideband lambda etc to lean or richen mixture etc....is just rough though.. and will affect the mixture across the whole rev range so be carefull. If your mates car is running less than 1.4 bar he dont need it.

You could put 2 high pressure pumps in and the sard would still cope so its not that.... if you cant adjust the base pressure then you have a fault somewhere....either the reg or the gauge.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have been running a small sard pressure reg for the past month, when i got it i didn't have a pressure gauge to use so i blanked off the port for the gauge and set it with a wideband a/f meter, all running well at 11.7 to 12 afr on boost.

the other day i bought a pressure gauge to use as well as a braided hose for the line between the fuel rail and regulator. I got round to fitting them today. pressure was 41psi with the vac pipe off and about 36psi with it on but when i put it back on the wideband it was running rich (9.8 to 10.1afr on boost).
i have had to put the fuel pressure at 20psi with vac pipe on and 34 without to get it running anwhere near ok.

this seems far too low to be right, :confused:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts