Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SARD adjustable fuel pressure regulator (Autronics Stage)

A few weeks ago I started my car up in the garage and there was a strong smell of petrol, popped the bonnet and found it was dripping (lots!) from the regulator end of the fuel pipe connection to the fuel rail.

Now I am not sure if this is due to the low use of the car and the line possibly drying out and perishing? but it seems like I am constantly having to nip up the hose clamp at the regulator end from time to time to stop it leaking. I know of one other member with the Sard regulator as part of the Autronics package that has suffered the same problem, anyone else?

The Sard outlet is threaded, anyone know the thread size? Also is there a threaded/braided (Goodridge?) hose option for connecting the regulator to the fuel line?

Mark(MAD) what kind of fuel line (size) and clamps do you use from the regulator to the fuel line when you fit the kit?

The last thing I want is for this line to leak fuel with the potential to run lean /ignite or pop off completely!

Any help appreciated.

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I've had issues with non-OEM fuel lines/regs before and share your concerns, and from what I know of the Evo stuff I wouldn't change anything except the fuel pump and injectors unless I had to, and that would be at pretty high power levels.

Do you have an option to go back to standard, or are you mapped at a new fuel pressure from the regulator?

Otherwise the better fittings route seems best, but I have no specific advice to offer on your setup.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
We always use our -6 set up and that avoids the problem . Easy fix is replace the line with a good double nitrile hose from a motorfactors .

Dave

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi John,

I believe the Autronics is mapped for a higher fuel pressure to drop down the injector duty cycle so going back to the standard reg would not be an option.

There are lots of moded Evo's out there with the Sard regulator fitted (as part of the Autronics package) so wondering if others have had the problem and is there a solution.

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evo400 said:
We always use our -6 set up and that avoids the problem . Easy fix is replace the line with a good double nitrile hose from a motorfactors .

Dave
Thanks Dave, I'll have a look into this :)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
It looks like the jubilee clip is not the same as I use and looks like it is cutting in to the hose which wont be helping it,
I always use a good quality hose and a nicer clip and have had no problems or leaks.

Mark

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,805 Posts
Re: SARD adjustable fuel pressure regulator (Autronics Stage)

Spanpody said:
The Sard outlet is threaded, anyone know the thread size? Also is there a threaded/braided (Goodridge?) hose option for connecting the regulator to the fuel line?
The Female thread in the reg is -3 NPTF

Goodridge sell an unequal union -3NPTF/-6JIC and the part no is AN816-06-02 and Dave sells an adapter for the end of the standard rail to -6, if you want to convert to -6 lines.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
span as mark has mentioned the biggest obvious problem is the type of hoseclip.jubilee clips on hoses that small don't alwys get an even compression around the diameter of the hose.i use a small version of the heavy duty hose clamps used on big boost intake systems.i think they are by mikalor.also use braided outer sheath fuel line

1 - 11 of 11 Posts